Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Kobold

Default Combining Install CD's into a single DVD?

Hey guys,

Wasnt sure if this should be here or in "Off Topic", so please feel free to move it if necessary.

Basically, I went out and found a full, legit, copy of the Titanium client, which is spread across 5 installation CD's. Since I plan on introducing my cousin and his wife to P99 sometime soon, I would very much like to send them the installation discs to save everyone some $$. Yes, he has tried torrents, but apparently those he has tried have resulted in corrupted downloads and all kinds of other bad stuff.

So, does anyone know how I can go about making a working copy of my discs? Ideally, I would love to get the 5 install discs onto a DVD (for my own use as well), but if that isnt technically possible, how would I go about duplicating the discs for them? I have tried simply "ripping" the data from the disc and burning it onto a blank disc, and that failed miserably. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any insight would be much appreciated and thanks in advance for constructive feedback (yes, I Googled it, but I know nothing about ISO's etc).
Old 10-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Skeleton

With the prices of thumb drives as cheap as they are, just install the Client on your machine and then copy it to the thumbdrive. Hand him the drive and you're done.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Kobold

People still use disk drives? What is this ... 1999?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Agree - EQ (even without paring it down) is like 3GB; a 4GB flash drive is 7 dollars online and 10 at Walmart.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Kobold

Its really that easy?

So, correct me if Im wrong but, I will basically install the client on my machine, and copy the installed folder to the USB drive? I didnt think that would work because of the registry entries etc that take place during installation.

Im normally not this dense, but Ive been banging my head on the wall with the whole CD/DVD burning thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its really that easy?

So, correct me if Im wrong but, I will basically install the client on my machine, and copy the installed folder to the USB drive? I didnt think that would work because of the registry entries etc that take place during installation.

Im normally not this dense, but Ive been banging my head on the wall with the whole CD/DVD burning thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have used the same eq install through a few formats. Just copy/paste the folder. No registry entries needed.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Kobold

Yeah, I copied the EverQuest folder onto a flash drive and copied it over for my dad. Didn't have any problems with it.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Great thanks for all of your responses, Ill give it a shot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

only thing you'll need to do is run the options program so it sets up the graphics card properly. otherwise you might get some crashes on loading or zoning.

well that's what i had to do at least
Old 10-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

Fully install the Titanium client, patch it up with the P99 files - and then run my EQLite script (read the instructions!) to tear out the junk... and then copy that whole folder that the EQLite script creates right onto a Jump Drive, or onto a single DVD. Gets it down to 1.35GB from 4GB.

(link in my signature)
Last edited by FatMagic; 10-14-2010 at 11:23 AM..