Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which epic is the hardest to obtain for a brand new player?
Enchanter 4 1.84%
Magician 109 50.23%
Necromancer 20 9.22%
Wizard 4 1.84%
Cleric 2 0.92%
Druid 2 0.92%
Shaman 2 0.92%
Bard 20 9.22%
Monk 0 0%
Ranger 1 0.46%
Rogue 13 5.99%
Paladin 1 0.46%
Shadow Knight 7 3.23%
Warrior 32 14.75%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

I'd argue that it was intentional, to an extent. Cleric and rogue epics are the backbone of high end raiding and none of the others are close in necessity.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

You know something is wrong when rogue and SK are tied at 3 votes.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd argue that it was intentional, to an extent. Cleric and rogue epics are the backbone of high end raiding and none of the others are close in necessity.
True enough. I wouldn't want to raid in a world where cleric epics are as rare as mage epics...
Old 07-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are the Nightmare ones more or less even in terms of pain-in-the-assery? Or would you rank them?
Yeah Mage is probably on it's own, Hell difficulty. Things in these categories all involve dragon scales or (formerly) god mob drops. The PoF golems / hate minis, particularly Magi, might as well be considered just as bad as gods for competition. There's no getting around being in a high end loser guild for a long time on these unless you're super rich, which you aren't as a new player.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

I remember SK epic being a real bitch during live Kunark. Fear nightmare drop rates were atrocious and finding Llrahnc (spelling) up was rare indeed.

For p99, Mage.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:30 PM
Banned

Warrior epic quest felt epic fa sho.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

I'm really curious now, what makes the mage quest so hard? Most of my initial impressions of epic difficulty seem to match the consensus, but I seem to have been off on Mage and Necro by a fair amount as I had them sort of middle of the pack in terms of difficulty based on a casual readthrough of their wiki pages.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm really curious now, what makes the mage quest so hard?
An Elementalist's power comes from the Orb of Mastery. The Elements of Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water are contained within the Orb. The Master of Elements hold the Orb. He can be found in the Plane of Air. No mortal has been able to contain the true power of the Orb. Trilith Magi'kot presented himself to the Master of Elements and the Orb of Mastery. The power of elements brought agony to his mind and body. Magi'kot was not of Balance. Fire burned his eyes unto blindness, Wind put his mind into a spin, Earth entered his body and aged him like the mountains, and finally, Water washed his memories of mortal life away. Failing his test, the Orb exacted its terrible price, and now Magi'kot is part of the Orb.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An Elementalist's power comes from the Orb of Mastery. The Elements of Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water are contained within the Orb. The Master of Elements hold the Orb. He can be found in the Plane of Air. No mortal has been able to contain the true power of the Orb. Trilith Magi'kot presented himself to the Master of Elements and the Orb of Mastery. The power of elements brought agony to his mind and body. Magi'kot was not of Balance. Fire burned his eyes unto blindness, Wind put his mind into a spin, Earth entered his body and aged him like the mountains, and finally, Water washed his memories of mortal life away. Failing his test, the Orb exacted its terrible price, and now Magi'kot is part of the Orb.
that sound pretty rough tbh
Old 07-17-2017, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Mage>warrior (based on volume)>sk/necro/bard I'd say for ranking. Pretty much what the poll shows. Not sure why anyone voted on the rest.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread