Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Aviak

Default Level 1 skell has over 1000hp!

Started a gnome necromancer and tried to kill a level 1 decaying gnome skeleton inside Mines of Malfunction. Did over 100 hp damage and only managed to knock it down to 90% health before dying.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Project Manager

no gnome skeletons in the db have over 16hp. I think you were fighting "a decaying skeleton" which is much different in steamfont mountains.

a decaying skeleton 8 - 10 Undead

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=58

edit: This is strange indeed.. because those skeletons have 200hp max. Let me know if this persists or where I might find it.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

This is probably tied to the fact that the skeletons should be buffed by the evil clerics and necro's in the mines. EG, Resolution, Naltron, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Kobold

if you did the dmg over a long fight the regen of the mob would make it seem like you did little dmg... or was it 100 dmg in one blow?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Aviak

It was over the course of the fight but with the number of hits combined with lifetaps it should have gone down easily even with regen.

Aeolwynd, isn't there a level range for buffs? Why would a high level NPC cast Symbols on level 1 skels?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrinn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was over the course of the fight but with the number of hits combined with lifetaps it should have gone down easily even with regen.

Aeolwynd, isn't there a level range for buffs? Why would a high level NPC cast Symbols on level 1 skels?
Faction association.

Classically, there was no level limit for buffs. I used to sit in EC and buff lowbs that were XPing there. Same for Crushbone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Aviak

I spent a lot of time camping red V there once. It is a minor hit, but you lose faction with dark reflection if you kill those skels there.

I never had the stones to do any more after I saw that faction hit. Because I had nightmares about this:

"OUCH
Posted: Jul 6th 2000 11:47am | IP: Logged | Reply to this
Yalbik
Books
Anonymous Score: Decent
i used to hunt here and one day i attacked one and it had a magic only damage shield on and i had just made my necro and had no spells memmed. then another came and attacked me by the way they both had rusty scythes i started to run when i ran into the mage giuld and i thought yay they will help me but instead they screamed your giuld must die over and over before smoldering my brains that was the spell. so i died and went to my loading piont and zoned back into akanon and for some reason my corpse was right at the entrance in front of me."

It is an evil guild, and the skel is one of their own. It just happens to be different from say the qeynos evil guild in that it isn't as kos and has some other mobs running around inside it.

Or they did give faction at one time. Looked this up:

2/26/00
Posted: Feb 26th 2000 10:30pm
"Yes, at one time, they did give faction. This was about 11 months ago, and when I started playing, too bad they still dont give any."

Apparently http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=1, it was changed sometime.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Going to move this over to resolved.
Closed Thread