Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why 18? So basically you don't need a parent once society determines you are a legal adult? It wasn't that long ago when 14 was the age of adulthood.

For the simple act of survival you don't need a parent past a very young age. However, we are know longer cave dwelling sociopaths.
Nah man. Once you turn 18 and are legally an adult, you can basically just forget your patents even existed. If you do contact them at all it should not be for any sort of emotional or financial support or advice, but simply to let them know that you are a self sufficient adult, and they can kill themselves at any time.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's true to an extent, but you have to consider the responsibilities a person has when they make that choice. If I have young children, it absolutely is selfish to take my own life. I created them, and I have responsibilities to them that will go drastically unfulfilled.

It's one thing when a person kills themself due to crippling mental illness, and it's another when they do so fully informed of the consequences and they're in a reasonably cogent state of mind. Selflessness and responsibility are about performing your duties even if they make you unhappy. It's not entirely black and white, but well-informed suicide is often very selfish.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah man. Once you turn 18 and are legally an adult, you can basically just forget your patents even existed. If you do contact them at all it should not be for any sort of emotional or financial support or advice, but simply to let them know that you are a self sufficient adult, and they can kill themselves at any time.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so every situation is different? and we shouldn't paint them all with one broad stroke?

where have i heard that before? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, are you high again sirken?

im not sure you even read what xasten posted
Old 08-20-2014, 04:31 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, are you high again sirken?

im not sure you even read what xasten posted
i was just being a dick cause of raid stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 08-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Banned

lol
Old 08-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Answer my alladin question dammit.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Closed Thread