Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound butthurt, kid. Are you butthurt?
I think he's butthurt.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Personal beef? Umm, more like exploiters, and they should be banned.
I was thinking the same thing, this is probably someone who was banned due to the stacking bug. Does the timeline consist with the beginning of the attacks?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Kobold

NOOO!! i have a corpse with a shit load of cash on it!@!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will i be able to get my body?!?!?!!?!?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking the same thing, this is probably someone who was banned due to the stacking bug. Does the timeline consist with the beginning of the attacks?
Not at all. These attacks have been going on since the beginning.
I am confident its the same guy who has been doing it the whole time.
I also highly doubt its some guy who was simply banned, since it is VERY easy to get back in the server.

I put my money on some butthurt vztz douche who isn't happy about losing some of their population to p1999.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Large Bat

Default Oh well.

First of all, greeting P99. I love this server! Just found it a week ago, and wow is it awesome to play EQ original again... mega props to Roagie and all for making this a reality.

Let's be honest: people that were exploiting and then got banned were already ruining the game for us due to the artificial watering down of the economy. Waiting for a week or so is small potatoes compared to standing up to these people.

Oh well, either way, life goes on. It's just funny how one or two jacktards can ruin something for everyone else.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I'll bet *anything* that the responsible party was, at a bare minimum, someone who was banned, and most likely over the stacking bug. Moreover, there's nothing to say that the same person is responsible for every instance of DDoS attack. It could be that the person responsible for this burst of it just got their idea from the last asshole.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to BuzWeaver Send a message via Yahoo to BuzWeaver

Sorry to hear about the DDoS attack. After reading the article from the TTH News Letter I was very excited about playing. I loaded the game on Sunday and within the first few minutes I was awash with the old school nostalgia.

I called my close friends and told them all about it. I'm pretty sure they will be playing soon to. Now that the article is public its probably getting a good bit of attention. Lets hope people will drop by the forums so they'll know what's going on.

I'm very much looking forward to playing again and I hope this situation is quickly resolved.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Skeleton

Ahh, can't blame you devs. Thanks for the update and all of your actions to date. GL with the recovery.

I can't help but notice the strong feeling of community support here. I think that if you ask, you will get. This server has been the best gaming I've had in about 4 years - in for a penny, in for a pound [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Aviak

Yeah, my main character died in Unrest, and i was too lazy to get it right away (level 35 mage) so.. no i regret not going to grab it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

Oh well! I should probably catch up on some sleep anyway!

Thanks so much for the awesome experience thus far, I am so happy to have found this server. Don't let this silliness discourage you.

zarina
Closed Thread