Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to CPTMULLER

Isn't it double tap the F# key of the player?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Just double tap whatever F# they are twice, it auto targets the players pet.
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 05-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Thanks guys, so yes all mages and a cleric would kick serious ass. Who needs CC at that point.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to wish you better luck than I've had with this endeavor. If you'd said "I have five friends, all of us long-time, solid classic EQ fans" then you'd have a better chance of everyone sticking it out. My last attempt, a buddy of mine was all stoked and talking shit to our other friends about how much better EQ is than all the current MMO's and acting tough (he'd played EQ during PoP). He madea toon, took a five minute run from Kelethin to Butcherblock, then told me "I don't think I can play this game". I haven't seen him online since. So before you start, make sure your buddies have realistic expectations of EQ! (It's hard, the graphics suck, leveling isn't accomplished in two weeks, etc)
I've had this kind of thing happen at least 3 or 4 times over the last 5-8 years with old friends who PLAYED EQ during the classic era. And this was during later expansions when everything got all dumbed down. The thing is, as easy as things like travel and whatnot got, the game is still harder (or was last time I played 3 years ago) than pretty much every game out there, so far as I know. They just can't handle the challenges anymore after playing on ezmode for so long.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

It's amazing I've stopped playing spoonfed EQ2 for this. I like EQ2 though. It's better than WoW. Was neat to see redone zones. Quests in Chardok were fun. But nothing beats the original.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Haha thanks guys we are currently talking and deciding which roll everyone would like to perform with a cleric for sure being in the mix. The reason I wanted to play as a bard or monk was because pulling would be difficult for people that don't know the game. And as a bard, I can add a little CC in the mix as well. Also, I realize that this probably won't work out in the end but it's fun to dream isn't it?!

Also, they know what EQ is about, they've heard the horror stories :P
Old 05-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Banned

I would suggest everyone picks the class that sounds good to them after reading the descriptions at character creation.

If you want the most powerful group it is obviously 5 mages chaining pets. maybe 4 mages + cleric for rezes. You could argue 4 enchanters + 1 cleric. Or 4 necros + 1 cleric.

I would play the game for the fun of it though and not to be the most powerful like everyone else does.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would suggest everyone picks the class that sounds good to them after reading the descriptions at character creation.

If you want the most powerful group it is obviously 5 mages chaining pets. maybe 4 mages + cleric for rezes. You could argue 4 enchanters + 1 cleric. Or 4 necros + 1 cleric.

I would play the game for the fun of it though and not to be the most powerful like everyone else does.
I like the thought of this but I want to be able to do some group content (dungeons) and not have our experience downplayed by lack of a certain role.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabkorik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the thought of this but I want to be able to do some group content (dungeons) and not have our experience downplayed by lack of a certain role.
Keep in mind too that there's always some people who will play (much) more than others. To keep in-level with the rest of the group, you should agree ahead of time that if somebody starts getting too far ahead, that they start ramping up an alt.

Having a couple of guys with more than one like-level character will then give your group more flexibility to plug-and-play based on the needs of a particular zone.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Here is my recommendation:

Cleric - Heals
Enchanter - CC, buffs, slows
Druid - just all around LOTS of utility- too much to list
War/SK/Pal - tank
Mag/Nec - major DPS

Out of those, several possibilities for pulling: SK, Enc, Necro, even druid all make good pullers.

I should have the ability to port by tomorrow some time, if not tonight. Be happy to help out.