Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 05:55 AM
Fire Giant

Default Twink war weapon advice for solo

War is geared with fungi, CoF. Mid 30s using Staff of Battle while soloing. Also got Frostbringer, WESS, and Fist of Zek in bag.

Issue: Solo killing is getting slower and slower, it's also getting quite difficult to solo white/yellow mobs.

Question 1: At what level should I switch to dual wield to solo better? Never?

Question 2a: If I have to switch to dw to solo at later levels, what weapon combo should I use among the 3 weapons I carry?

Question 2b: What weapon would you recommend to purchase if I want to solo even better? This probably would cost at least a few k, so I'd like this to be a long term investment, not something I will never use post 50.

Question 3: Given my gear set, what is the fastest place for exp (solo) between lvl 35 - 40? 40-45? 45-50?

Question 4: I'd like to gain dwarf faction to acquire velious custom helm. What level can I start working on factions and get exp at the same time? What zones should I go? I doubt I can solo it with my gears?
Last edited by wagorf; 09-08-2017 at 06:11 AM..
Old 09-08-2017, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Make a gnome war to have cof + self click 40% haste
Old 09-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

FV cliffs. There is a mix of mobs there. Some will be blue, some will be white/yellow/red. Avoid those and only kill the blue ones until you're 40+. You'll figure out which ones are easy by race/name as you go along. Some dogs will be red, some will be green, pirates should be blue until 40ish, and they have really low health. This will be a great place until 42 or 43, maybe even 44 if you're patient and not chased out by bard monopolizing everything in sight. Then switch to yeti caves in DL. That will work until almost 50. After that, you'll have to start grouping.

I don't know if Staff of Battle would be better here than Wurmslayer + FoZ or not, but if you're not completely satisfied with SoB, get a Wurmslayer and use it with FoZ off-hand.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
War is geared with fungi, CoF. Mid 30s using Staff of Battle while soloing. Also got Frostbringer, WESS, and Fist of Zek in bag.

Issue: Solo killing is getting slower and slower, it's also getting quite difficult to solo white/yellow mobs.

Question 1: At what level should I switch to dual wield to solo better? Never?

Question 2a: If I have to switch to dw to solo at later levels, what weapon combo should I use among the 3 weapons I carry?

Question 2b: What weapon would you recommend to purchase if I want to solo even better? This probably would cost at least a few k, so I'd like this to be a long term investment, not something I will never use post 50.

Question 3: Given my gear set, what is the fastest place for exp (solo) between lvl 35 - 40? 40-45? 45-50?

Question 4: I'd like to gain dwarf faction to acquire velious custom helm. What level can I start working on factions and get exp at the same time? What zones should I go? I doubt I can solo it with my gears?
I've solo'd most of the way to lv 52 (now 35% in).

1) Depends on your weapons. With what you have SoB will probably be best for solo. Even up to 52 SoB yields faster kills and less damage taken than wurmslayer + FB. After 50, swapping in/out Truncheon for proc then SoB is the most mindlessly easy way. I have yet to get some bloodpoints.

2a) If you must DW i suggest getting a wurmslayer. The slow hit rate means less ripostes and his has a better raw ratio than pretty much all other 1handers. Your ripostes also do more damage.

2b) For DW solo? Wurmslayer.

3) No good suggestions. In general look for dungeons with *low* dark blues or outdoor zones with easy chain pull dark blues.

4) you can go now to EW and start killing giants
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4) you can go now to EW and start killing giants
This doesn't seem to be like very good advice. Maybe you meant another zone? He'd definitely be too low to kill level 35+ Velious mobs solo as a Warrior.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This doesn't seem to be like very good advice. Maybe you meant another zone? He'd definitely be too low to kill level 35+ Velious mobs solo as a Warrior.
You are correct, I meant Iceclad - was off by a single zone. Cougars/Dires/Giants in Iceclad are within appropriate level range of a mid 30s warrior, though a mid 30s warrior may be able to find limited success in certain areas of EW with his level of twinking (fungi/CoF/the_works). Wolves/Giants in Iceclad will give coldain faction.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
was off by a single zone.
Not very humble, are you.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Read this for my 50+ solo technique
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...58&postcount=3

Silken whip (snare) is key. If you have the ability to loot a Tserrina Whip it procs mid 30s. A warrior gets weaker and weaker from lv 30-49. After 50 a warrior gets stronger and stronger. When you get 52 use evasive every time it is up. Bad warriors save it.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read this for my 50+ solo technique
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...58&postcount=3

Silken whip (snare) is key. If you have the ability to loot a Tserrina Whip it procs mid 30s. A warrior gets weaker and weaker from lv 30-49. After 50 a warrior gets stronger and stronger. When you get 52 use evasive every time it is up. Bad warriors save it.
Going to take this advice, thanks! Lvl 40 now.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

I tend to disaggree with the others here. Your staff of battle is fine for now but by late 30's once your dual wield skill starts to get close to that 200 mark you should be using a nice offhand ratio wep like frosty, FoZ, Jagged Blade of Mourning, or Edge of the Nightwalker. Wurmslayer is horrendous dps, sure you get riposted less, but you also deal less damage, you want to level fast right? Put that frosty in your primary or seb croaking dirk or, fuck it, a swiftblade of Zek, and get that fast damage. You'll deal twice as much mainhand bonus damage and get shit done .

Be satisfied with blues. You will take less damage killing two blues than killing one yellow or white assuming your AC is significantly above curve. Plus it will be faster. Outdoor zones with lots of mobs for repops are a great option in this case. Try Frontier Mountain Giants, they repop fast, dont cast and you can easily run to zone if shit goes down. Also old world zones tend to have mobs with less hp, making them easier to dispatch You can level from 32 to 39 there easily, although 38 is the last level I'd stay there. You can also do SolA, but gibbies can nuke so it may hurt.

40+ solo will be much harder since mobs have a lot more HP for their level and hit considerably harder than your fungi can keep up with. I would really suggest making friends with a mage/rogue/monk and just duo stables in CoM or Crystal Caverns. Your defensive capabilities will stay about the same but getting that extra dps will make things go a lot faster. If you don't want to pick up a friend then spend some money on some 10 dose kivas. 5 kivas is about 2k but to recharge is only 1k. It should make leveling go a lot smoother and 4 kivas will last you a few levels at least. Have a couple of those serpent blood pots and a root net to save yourself a CR too if you have the money to spend. Late 40's kill trash in DL at north wall. Again there are slim pickins for solo warrior spots, so try to at least find a duo partener.

Gluck dude!
Closed Thread