Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

In my perfect world we wouldn't have Bob like fucks buying up and hording certain items on market to mark up the face value.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You shout, "pop!"
Trakanon claws Yendor for 34 points of damage!
Yendor has been slain!
(100+ lines of lifetap damage reporting and melee within 1 second)
Trakanon has been slain by Jabober.
Amelinda says, "Well, that was quick. It's just easier if a representative from each guild with 15+ here /random 100 and I'll award the trak loot to that guild."
That's exactly why no variance won't ever work on this server, there are too many former high end players. I think the best bet would be a the normal variance but with the mob shouting the first person to get on the aggro list so everyone knows FTE instantly and can react accordingly. It would solve about 85% of the raid disputes.

INB4 not classic.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Kobold

These scenarios don't take into consideration "spoilers" either: people that will train for the fun of it that are not in any guild that could take down the mob.

I played in classic. We raced to mobs (no complete guild poopsocking that I knew of) and we trained each other, and people whined and petitioned and all that good stuff. Everyone got their share. But this server is different. Everyone knows everything there is to know about the game. The content is stagnant for two, three, maybe four times the length it was on live. I don't raid here, but given what I've read, I don't think I'd ever want to.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Kobold

All it will take for your perfect world plan to fall apart is one random guildless retard per raiding zone to train anyone who tries to raid it. This might work on a pvp server. It worked on Sullon-Zek. It will not work here.

If the devs / GMs actually want people playing nice in regards to raid targets they should set up an official raid calendar like there were on live servers back in the day and force everyone on the server to abide by it. Is it a perfect solution? Probably not, but that's what it took on live.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravingar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's exactly why no variance won't ever work on this server, there are too many former high end players. I think the best bet would be a the normal variance but with the mob shouting the first person to get on the aggro list so everyone knows FTE instantly and can react accordingly. It would solve about 85% of the raid disputes.

INB4 not classic.
I don't understand your reasoning. I guess you think that the greater number of high end players means that a rotation would spread the loot too thinly. I don't see why (a) that's really such a bad thing or (b) why it's preferable to have a system that privileges people who are willing to hit the track button every 30 seconds for 96 hours straight, or worse, parking their guild on a spawn point/in the same zone as a raid mob. The last time I thought it would be a good idea to track a raid mob that was in window, a certain guild had 30 members in the zone at all times (when the zone's population was maybe 40-50 on average). What you're saying is basically that the people who have no lives whatsoever should be able to get 90% of the raid mobs, while other guilds can't enjoy the same content because they're unwilling to stoop as low as them.

You can set up a rotation that's still meritocratic anyway - just award attempts at mobs to guilds who have killed the mob in the past, except patch day repops are ffa. Penalize guilds who wipe by giving their attempt to the guild who's next on the list. Everyone would benefit from this; the hardcore guilds could get their lives back and the less hardcore guilds would get more chances at mobs.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand your reasoning. I guess you think that the greater number of high end players means that a rotation would spread the loot too thinly. I don't see why (a) that's really such a bad thing or (b) why it's preferable to have a system that privileges people who are willing to hit the track button every 30 seconds for 96 hours straight, or worse, parking their guild on a spawn point/in the same zone as a raid mob. The last time I thought it would be a good idea to track a raid mob that was in window, a certain guild had 30 members in the zone at all times (when the zone's population was maybe 40-50 on average). What you're saying is basically that the people who have no lives whatsoever should be able to get 90% of the raid mobs, while other guilds can't enjoy the same content because they're unwilling to stoop as low as them.
Welcome to Online video games, Time = Rewards. Get your marxist ass outta here.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravingar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to Online video games, Time = Rewards. Get your marxist ass outta here.
Some of us are under the impression that it's supposed to be Skill = Rewards
Old 09-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can set up a rotation that's still meritocratic anyway - just award attempts at mobs to guilds who have killed the mob in the past, except patch day repops are ffa. Penalize guilds who wipe by giving their attempt to the guild who's next on the list. Everyone would benefit from this; the hardcore guilds could get their lives back and the less hardcore guilds would get more chances at mobs.
The free market can solve it. The people who have interesting things going on in their lives aren't going to care as much about the loot as the people who live for EQ, so the ones who care enough about pointless crap get the loot.

Free market solves it.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xatava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of us are under the impression that it's supposed to be Skill = Rewards
That's not how EQ works! Preparation + time investment = rewards. In some situations skill will determine it, but pre-instancing(when did that start anyway, LDoN?) whoever knows boss timers and is the most prepared is most likely going to reap the rewards of EQ raiding.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that the internet brings out the worst in people as a whole. The total lack of RL consequences makes even the biggest coward 6'5" and 250lbs. You call me a dickhole to my face and I'll feed you your teeth. You do it over the internet and well...not much I can do.

lol ya bro who is the internet tuff guy here??? stop makin threats we all know ur fat
Closed Thread