Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

I'll be interested to see if Velious turns out to be the panacea people here tend to think it is.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to be competitive then you need a large enough (and dedicated) guild that can field a raid at any time of day. If you don't/can't there are enough others that someone will. TMO is not the first guild that has done this (and probably won't be the last). They could easily be competed with if people wanted to put the same amount of effort, but instead they look for ways to make the server adapt to their playstyle.
This * 1000.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Kobold

Funny how history repeats itself. So many of these threads have come and gone. First about IB, then about DA, now about TMO. Wonder who will be next? You? Not if you don't try harder than you have been. I play Everquest because nothing is handed to me, I think a lot of other players share in that. So it surely isn't going to start happening now.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

The argument of "might is right" still seems alive and well (Poor Socrates must be crying in his beer right now). These games can be more than the sum of their parts, but for some i guess the most obvious logic wins... At their best these games are more than a system and if this is accepted require more than mere system to flourish.
Honour and fairness seems to be foreign words these days. The "drive-by spitters" (my term for those who behave worse than animals when possessing the anonymity the net affords) seem to be sadly the norm. Its ultimately a question of conscience and if some people willfully train etc... to impede another's attempt and that satisfies their conscience then i guess i must have a different definition of the word.
A famous psychiatrist once said to me, "people don't change" i always argued contrary to this point, otherwise we are all almost certainly doomed if she was right. Reading these posts, the attitudes, assumptions and lies i am beginning to wonder... Maybe Callicles was right. I do hope not.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
these games can be more than the sum of their parts, but for some i guess the most obvious logic wins... At their best these games are more than a system and if this is accepted require more than mere system to flourish.
Honour and fairness seems to be foreign words these days. The "drive-by spitters" ...seem to be sadly the norm. Its ultimately a question of conscience and if some people willfully train etc... to impede another's attempt and that satisfies their conscience then i guess i must have a different definition of the word.
It seems to me that you're concerned about a single guild monopolizing content (might makes right), and that rules are being broken while they're at it (spitters). However, you're not providing specifics. You're invoking honor, fairness, morality, and conscience, but you're not telling us exactly how these issues are coming up. Despite that, I'll try to give another point of view.

Concerning the strongest guilds getting most kills: Guilds are organizations that are (generally) created to advance interests of their members. Think of it like a corporation where the objective is to maximize shareholder wealth. If you suggest that guilds should have another objective, I counter that that is an untenable and unrealistic position. This type of organization has an inherent nature that you cannot change.

That said, I agree with you that there are lines that should not be crossed. (See generally: rule breaking, training, ksing, etc.) We are again, however, in dire need of specifics.

I sense that you want a productive discussion to ameliorate your concerns, but unless we get to something thicker than platonic constructs and general lamentations, I suspect nothing will come of it.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Change the way raid mobs are spawned.

In classic, every patch day and maintenance day resets the raid mobs, thus all of them will spawn at once. As such, its impossible for 1 or 2 guilds to dominate all raid mobs, giving a chance for the smaller guilds to have a go at the leftovers.

The devs could implement something like this, set a "maintenance day" to reset all mobs, so that no guild can dominate all mobs like it is currently. Its more classic too, since live servers resets often (one a week IIRC)

The situation now is that certain guild is farming all raid mobs, and this will not be good for the server at all. I hope the devs can see some sense in this.

u quite wrong , that kind of things made the euro guilds stomp and rape the us based guild due to those events happening mostlly on their time frame.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u quite wrong , that kind of things made the euro guilds stomp and rape the us based guild due to those events happening mostlly on their time frame.
thats why i suggested changing the "maint reset time" each week.

could always move the reset time 2 or 3 hours later in the day from the last maint reset.. that way respawns are always rotating through every time zone.

like say the previous reset was at 1 PM.. the next weeks reset would be at 3 PM.. and so on.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll be interested to see if Velious turns out to be the panacea people here tend to think it is.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Its very hard to a guild to monopolize velious .unless they want realy and pull over 75+ well geared and dedicated players and still can lost.

why velious desire.

lets have a example .

(using a universe where velious allready is in).

TMO: the order go for ntov.
Taken: farms HOT and try to snipe some good dozekar items .
VD: they entangled to clean pog
BDA: get vindi , dain , velks or some of the lesser wing dragons

at this point u have free most of kunark stuf, u want gear because big ones taking velious? u got vs ,trak , sky, kunark outdoor dragons and if ud are to get enough people always can try vp for some toys.

A small familiar guild want to kill some dragons with their 10 15 20 members? western wastes is ur friends dragons and talismans everywhere .

oh shit we 50 and clearing hate or fear and ct inny pop . go for it they get very nice stuf once velious come in.

xp factor: velketor seems would help people to lvl eaier from 55 to 60 since most people here rather stick to kc than go hs sebs .

new chardok revamp: nice shit from this .

Epic mobs are not uber camped, MOA epics without popsocks or races.

DEF velious should help alot
Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Unless they have like 300+ people in their guild online they would have a hard time locking down everything in velious on a maint day respawn..

let alone kunark stuff
Old 04-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless they have like 300+ people in their guild online they would have a hard time locking down everything in velious on a maint day respawn..

let alone kunark stuff
i agree however 300 is a bit much.... if the current raid climate persists we wont have anything close to competition so we would just snipe the easy mobs first since no one else would be killing yeli tormie aow sont etc etc.... kinda like what we do with vp now
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Closed Thread