Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i consider myself pretty good at eq.. I tried to do Kedge zone in with my enchanter at lvl like 53? and i got my ass handed to me.. I was rekt constantly.. I couldn't do it at ALL..

how you druids master Kedge keep will remain a mystery to me. That stuff seems impossible!
Kedge is pretty hard. Harder than Bear Pits in my opinion actually. It took me like a day to master Bear Pits and a week to master Kedge to where I could camp most all of the named.

That being said, I saw some druids die over and over in bear pits even with a leatherfoot cap and way better gear than me. It's not for everyone I guess.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i consider myself pretty good at eq.. I tried to do Kedge zone in with my enchanter at lvl like 53? and i got my ass handed to me.. I was rekt constantly.. I couldn't do it at ALL..

how you druids master Kedge keep will remain a mystery to me. That stuff seems impossible!
1) Get in a safe(-ish) spot to pull to.
2) Decide on a mob to charm first (generally speaking, nearest mob).
3) Lull everything except your charm target.
4) Charm. Either charm your target straight up or pull it, root it, then charm (it can be good to have your pet rooted in case charm breaks).
5) If you didn't get any adds, pull something with a low level nuke (or as an enchater, tashan).
6) Root the pulled mob. Send your pet at it. Root any adds.

Not super-complicated. One thing is you should pretty much always be in a corner so that you can get hit and not get knocked back 10 feet due to water physics. Helps on root/charm breaks.

At level 49 on my druid I can do second level of Kedge pretty handily. You set up in the shark room because only one monster roams into it (the shark), charm the shark, and go from there. If you can deal with the shark everything else is a piece of cake since the shark is the highest level monster on that floor. Sometimes things get dicey and you can't afford to break your pet before finishing a mob, so you have to eat the 50% EXP penalty. But for the most part you can avoid the 50% pet EXP penalty. Basically just keep everything rooted all the time.

As a druid it's nice because you can regen and heal yourself. As an enchanter it might be trickier. Everything is very close-quarters and mobility is awful even with maxed swimming. Still, I imagine it should be doable with liberal use of runes.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Last edited by Estu; 11-05-2014 at 07:04 PM..
Old 11-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You cannot Glamour an already charmed pet. Just like you can't Ensnare or root an already charmed pet.
Sorry Daldaen but gotta disagree on this one. I don't know if it's working as intended here but you can do it:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Yea that's probably a bug - shouldn't be able to cast hostile spells on pets.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Orc

Yeah you certainly can glamour a charmed pet right now. I would do Spirocs until 53 and then go to bear pits. Gets much easier with new root at 56.
Last edited by Rourk; 11-07-2014 at 01:56 PM..
Old 11-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry Daldaen but gotta disagree on this one. I don't know if it's working as intended here but you can do it:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry. This issue is fixed on Beta now. Could not Glamour my already charmed Brontetherium yesterday.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:45 AM
Large Rat

You can cast Glamour of Tunare on charmed pets because it's not a debuff. It's like harmony. The reason it can't be resisted, is because it actually counts as a "buff".
Old 11-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Looks like the change on beta needs to be undone. For our timeline Glamour is working as intended.

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-3028.html

Quote:
10-15-2002, 08:02 PM
10/15 on Test:

10-15 23:39 Changed Spelltype from Beneficial to Detrimental

Makes it difficult to refresh on pets as well, if this is gonna cause aggro now. Charm would have to break first.
I looked up the spell and its currently listed as detrimental.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...55&setcookie=1

Harmony is currently listed as beneficial

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...50&source=Live
Last edited by getsome; 11-14-2014 at 10:59 AM..
Old 11-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkstix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can cast Glamour of Tunare on charmed pets because it's not a debuff. It's like harmony. The reason it can't be resisted, is because it actually counts as a "buff".
No it's just unresistable cause it's essentially druid tash. The spell is just flagged as unresistable.
Last edited by Daldaen; 11-14-2014 at 11:15 AM..
Old 11-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

I would have to agree wtih Chalkstix and say its because its a beneficial spell, hence it would not be resisted.

I would bet the spell was flagged unresistable after the change to detrimental in 2002.
Closed Thread