Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 01:31 AM
Sarnak

Default Grimfeather: Having a hell of a time finding him

Hello all,

After some spirited Quillmane camping this evening we spent around two and a half hours trying to camp Grimfeather in North Karana. We followed the wiki page on him to the letter (PH and spawn location on a 6 minute and 30 second timer), but, after thirty minutes of boredom, we decided to basically murder every flying thing in the zone.

Here's the rub: I used to see him all the time at lower levels, but I just can't find him now. We went through around 25 + spawns at his supposed spawn location (wiki is obviously wrong on the 50%) while killing every flying thing found in the zone + hill giants for good measure and constantly tracking his location.

Does anyone know something that we've missed? Is he not working? What is going on? If anyone has any insight into Grimfeather, I would greatly appreciate it, even if it is just to correct the wiki. Could really use those Ivy Etched Sleeves.

Thanks!

Auld Lang Syne Discord - click here to join
Please read our charter and post in #new_applicants
Last edited by Ketu Garyx; 05-23-2017 at 01:34 AM..
Old 05-23-2017, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

I've spotted Grimfeather several times in the north eastern area of NK. That was pre-velious though so take it with a grain of salt. And long before the whole Karana poisoning / swarm beetles.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:48 AM
Planar Protector

My only insight is tracking around the gypsy camp and north of the druid rings is how I normally find GrimFeather (never when I actually want it, of course).

The named are semi-rare roamers, I think you'd have to be at it for more than half an hour if you're after a specific one. Have never tried to find the PH for them.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 05-23-2017, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've spotted Grimfeather several times in the north eastern area of NK. That was pre-velious though so take it with a grain of salt. And long before the whole Karana poisoning / swarm beetles.
Anyone know, the Karanas will be fine again? Cant have that green mist foggin it up for ever?!
Old 05-23-2017, 09:42 AM
Banned

Sounds vlassic to me
Old 05-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Kobold

I've seen him a few times pathing from the Druid rings west towards WK. Also seen him in the central northern area due north from the gypsy camp
Old 05-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Kill all highlands, all named, all HGs, and kill as many wisps and griffawns as you can find.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone know, the Karanas will be fine again? Cant have that green mist foggin it up for ever?!
I asked this same question and staff said that after the October 2001 patch the Karana/Bloodsaber Plague Event event will end.
proof: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=31

As of this post. The October 2001 patch is the next big patch to come soom(tm). So I recommend to anyone who is interested in this classic velious EQ event to explore it fully before it ends!!!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-23-2017 at 12:06 PM..
Old 05-24-2017, 02:44 AM
Fire Giant

The P1999 wiki's info on this is correct.

50% @ (500, -1996)

Zone into North Karana from East Karana, and stop at the end of the bridge. Slowly turn right and walk forward until you reach that loc. Have a seat and wait a small while for a Griffon of some sort to path back in its patrol to a tree really close to that loc. Kill it.

The respawn in 6 min will have a very decent chance for Grimfeather to pop, or it will be another Griffon of some sort. It only took me like 3 kills to get him.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

Sorry I didn't respond very fast, I became ill. In reference to many of the comments above that say "you have to wait longer than 30 minute" I invite you to read the first post again. We were there for 2.5 hours. Spawned the PH in the correct spot for whatever 2.5 hours / 6 minutes is, no grimfeather. The wandering and killing every flying thing in the zone was done in addition to this.

Sorry if that was unclear.

I may try again this weekend.

Auld Lang Syne Discord - click here to join
Please read our charter and post in #new_applicants
Closed Thread