Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We do have to agree, its not some Alternative Facts here.

It is a FUNCTION of the GAME ENGINE. Whatever client you are using, the game engine is the same.

Step back and think "why is every other person in this thread saying I'm wrong". Its because you are wrong. Just stop being pig headed about it.
The Takp Client disagrees with you.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't thin he can be right or wrong heh :P. He's simply saying this is how it is on the server he played/plays on. You are saying this is how it works on the server you played/plays on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Perhaps it had to do with individual mob mobility speed differences? For instance tigers vs succulents in OT. Really just a theory though, I know that I've had times where I'll be strafing and still getting hit and other times where I don't even see the mob. /shrug.

Good changes, looking forward to see how people adapt to the changes
This right here.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wtf my memory cant be this bad. I LIVED IN DREADLANDS. Im 100% positive I could agro a mob with bard speed, run from to the entire other side of Dreadlands, and it'd still be on my ass, hell id forget about the mob even being agro'd half the time till I saw it coming full blast for me.

I've drank a lot since Kunark/Velious but there is no way I believe anyone here
I'm 100% positive, that in dreadlands... you could aggro a mob and as long as you got past the 'lazy aggro' distance, it would stop chasing. But it wouldnt forget you. So, it would reassume pathing about, passing on your name in social aggro to all it's mates (Drolvarg for example)... then, if you got back into that 'lazy aggro' range, it would resume chasing you. 100% sure of this.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Aviak

And what someone said earlier also. If you ever done the Hunter / Forager cycle alot, and tried pulling them back to swamp zone, or TT zone line, they would often 'forget' you, if you out paced them (got too far away).
Old 02-13-2017, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. Did you play back then?

There are posts that suggest it definitely happened during the era. Find evidence to prove it otherwise.

Yes I did play back then very much.

Never heard about leashing until loooong after Luclin.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFTREQWASNTCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how did all these non-classic changes make it past nilbog?
Old 02-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Mythanor is 100% correct in post #96. (I'm 90% sure b/c 10% brain cells have poofed in two decades.)
Old 02-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

So if there's point A and B and there's a mob blocking A, you can now just aggro and outrun past its (lazy aggro) and reach B and let it path back, camp and log back in and you're clear? Gross... big nerf on FD and monks

And where the hell is triple attack?

And did the base dmg get nerfed or increased?

And sneak pulling nerfed and fd sneaking nerfed... Wtf
Old 02-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

Guudbye to all the scrub casual monks Bye felisha!~
Old 02-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

was guilded with laotzu on tribunal, dude was amazing puller and knew all the tricks. coming to p99 though totally skewed my memory of pulling on everything and i simply re learned how to pull via this server using sneak and shit. i dont pull much at all anymore, but for other mechanics the lazy aggro like on lodizal(we have contests on red, who can run him to the desert island and kill him faster) or kite it out in the ocean for an hour+ while groups search/track it down.
Closed Thread