Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you to the volunteers for all your efforts at making P99 an enjoyable place to play EQ <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was Ragebringer fixed? Every other haste item in the game gives cooldown reduction in the game (as it should) but Ragebringer doesn't. Ragebringer reduced backstab cooldown in classic, so please fix it.
Why not just add "haste 40%" to Ragebringer and add the atk and ac to the stats instead of the seething fury effect? That will fix it

PLEASE FIX
Old 02-19-2017, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

To be honest, I don't remember any of these changes on live, but in my opinion they are welcome to save us from bards stealing everything. Now, if only a server could be re-rolled with these rules.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:09 PM
Banned

No amount of changes will ever un do the damage chardok aoe did.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:20 AM
Kobold

Where to Dl the patch for this?
Old 02-20-2017, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiyodori [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where to Dl the patch for this?
all server side i think ?

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 02-20-2017, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • Haynar: Added "lazy aggro" behavior for NPCs. If they get too far from their target, they will no longer chase.
hold my beer... bards can properly swarm (charm) kite now???
No, to answer my own question. Probably because of:
  • Haynar: Added a 30 sec check for dropping aggro if beyond chase distance.

For it to work like kunark era (my memory, [anecdotes intensify]) it would need to be a check every tick. Might work fine for enchanters/druids, but a 30sec check on a song that lasts 18sec taint gonna work.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No you could not. Welcome to the noob list Erati. Setting strafe keys wasnt even a thing in classic clients. The only way to strafe was to hold 3 buttons down at once.
Yes, you could outrun mobs using strafe-running.

Two keys (forward plus either left or right) plus mouselook to control your facing and keep you from running in a circle. I was taught that trick during Kunark by some random FPS fan I duo'd with a few times.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what's not classic? Precise individual mob movement speeds.
That kind of exact information is gone forever.
Hmm. I remember needing sow to get away from the griffon(s)--the big one was fast--in north karana.

For the poster who said this was EQ copying the extreme lazy anti-train aggro in the newer MMO's, umm, they're incomparable. Kunark especially had huge open zones. It's more likely they got the idea to do lazy-lite mechanics during that time.

But it's true MMO's are copying each other all the time. OOC regen (2006) is much better example. But honestly it's really simple. MMO's tend to copy whatever reduces downtime and whatever increases soloing power. Whatever makes players happy. Unfortunately, in a feverish pace to outcopy others, MMO's lose some of their originality and they all start to look/play the same. I mean, you can't have players from the bigger MMO's coming to your MMO and not knowing what to do, right? So just copy copy copy copy.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 02-27-2017 at 04:53 AM..
Old 03-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Aviak

Why are mobs not mem-bluring when they get back to their spawn point?
Old 03-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not just add "haste 40%" to Ragebringer and add the atk and ac to the stats instead of the seething fury effect? That will fix it

PLEASE FIX
no, spell ac is not the same as worn ac so that would not be a good fix. Better to remove the haste element only from seething fury (and add that as a second worn effect).
Closed Thread