Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Orc

Question Off key/pitched EQ MIDI music

I've been using Coolsoft's VirtualMIDISynth and MIDImapper to play my 1mgm.sf2 soundfont in windows 10 and all of the midi songs in game sound great, exactly like the mp3's in http://www.xs4all.nl/~treesong 's EQmp3.zip. What happens is the MIDI's play fine when i first log in and hear them or change a zone and return to the location but if i move away from the place that's playing a particular song and move back again without zoning some of the instruments get pitched wrong and it sounds terrible, two songs that come to mind are the wizard's spires and going back to the character creation screen. Has any one had/heard this happen to them before? I'm an audiophile so these types of things drive me bonkers. I have spent the past 2 days trying to figure out or isolate the problem but what i wrote above is all i can discern atm.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:02 PM
Orc

I had the 16 ch. MIDI mixer opened up in VirtualMIDISynth while listening to the songs in game, was muting individual instruments and found out its always only ch. 9 that goes out of key.