Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is fairly accurate. There are still some problems but for the most part it is pretty close. Another link to a TLDR thread:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34925
Ah, good information.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

Good work.

Some observations:

Your warrior is not under cap on defense for a level 50. 210 cap until above 50.

With AC values this low, it doesn't appear that either the warrior or rogue are hitting an AC softcap yet.

Int Casters have a much lower Defense Cap (145) in comparison to everyone else at (200 or higher) while also lacking higher avoidance skills. So, even with AC doing little, geared INT casters are probably going to take significantly higher damage than naked melee. Not saying this shouldn't be this way, but I'm sure some stupid person is going to look at your data and think INTs mitigate almost as well as melee.
Last edited by pasi; 11-03-2011 at 04:27 AM..
Old 11-03-2011, 04:40 AM
Fire Giant

Well you should have involved misses. Cause like I said in my previous post. It seems like AC only affects MISSES and Defense affect how hard you get hit.

A system like that is ideal imo. If you make AC give a bonus to both miss+less damage then any class can stack high AC and tank like a god and it shouldn't be like that.

If you had included misses we could actually have seen if the system is working good or not.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:43 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you should have involved misses. Cause like I said in my previous post. It seems like AC only affects MISSES and Defense affect how hard you get hit.

A system like that is ideal imo. If you make AC give a bonus to both miss+less damage then any class can stack high AC and tank like a god and it shouldn't be like that.

If you had included misses we could actually have seen if the system is working good or not.
AC has no bearing on hit chance.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Fire Giant

Oh okay, actually I was just gonna edit my post cause I missed that he had included misses lol
Old 11-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AC has no bearing on hit chance.
But is it defense that make you get hit for less? Cause I definitely get hit harder on average then a tank in PVP and my defense is pure shit. Not even close to my max.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But is it defense that make you get hit for less? Cause I definitely get hit harder on average then a tank in PVP and my defense is pure shit. Not even close to my max.
Dodge would be the avoidance part of AC (also likely Parry).

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korisek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dodge would be the avoidance part of AC (also likely Parry).
Yeah but I'm not counting the dodge/parry/riposte. But the fact that I get hit almost 100% in pvp while on a warrior you get loads of "miss" that isn't a dodge/parry or riposte just a plain miss. But I assume it's all about the defense skill on that then and not AC.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Kobold

You're ac is not the same as a tank's ac. I'm not sure why this is hard to grasp.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Yeah but I'm not counting the dodge/parry/riposte. But the fact that I get hit almost 100% in pvp while on a warrior you get loads of "miss" that isn't a dodge/parry or riposte just a plain miss. But I assume it's all about the defense skill on that then and not AC.
So that means that your AC isn't affecting those misses since they are neither dodged nor parried. Something is up with the attacker's ATK and relevant combat skill in that situation - or, also likely, the RNG for attackers in a combat round.

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Closed Thread