Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Orc

Default Bard Question

Is the song Sionachie's dreams, the 40 mez, currently in game? http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=868

I know that it was not on the recent SoE progression server (it's a Luclin era spell), and I didn't see it on the vendor in Kelethin, but I based on some of the screenshots here of bards mezzing 50s, it must have been accidentally granted via the command that was used to give everyone their full spell books.

Having mesmerize top out at 45 makes the bard significantly less fun to play in end game, so just checking before I make class decisions.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

lvl 28 mes works up to lvl 55
Old 11-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Orc

Ah, and that's classic? The version of that on live tops out at 45 currently.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

/shrug i looked at the spell descrip
Old 11-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

The level cap on bard mez songs has never worked on PCs. The level 15 mez has a chance to land on a level 60 player, just like they all do. This is classic.

I don't know about the songs in pve though, maybe you should ask in blue server chat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Aviak

Sionache's Dreams is a luclin spell, so no, you will never be mezzing at Chardok Royals on these servers. SUCKS.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Kobold

Is this the spell that was perma mezzing players in pvp? If its a luclin era spell, that might explain a lot.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this the spell that was perma mezzing players in pvp? If its a luclin era spell, that might explain a lot.
No its the Crission's Pixie Strike, lv 28 (classic). if it lands once and the bard doesn't change songs it won't do a resist check again, hence perma mez. This is how it was in classic.

In live it didn't land as often as it does here and now, but I only really remember high-level Kunark era when people had much higher resists, so I might be off.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Let me educate all of you.

Sionachie's dreams isn't classic, nor is it available anywhere on p99 (in fact I don't even think the spell file supports it). Crission's Pixie Strike had a level cap of 45 well after the classic period. Prior to the level caps being put in, Bard mezzes (Kelin's Lucid Lullaby, Crission's Pixie Strike, Song of Twilight) had no level cap, although mobs level 55 and over were immune to stuns and mezzes, so they had a functional level cap of 55 in PvE. In PvP, you could still land mezzes on level 56+ players (although it probably didn't happen often due to resists). On p99 there's a bug where you can't mez level 55+ players (except with Rapture). Additionally, both KLL and CPS land too much here - on Live, KLL had resist rates above 75% at higher levels, while CPS resisted in PvE on Live more than it does on p99 (just look at the castersrealm archives for this song, or the one for everlore to be thoroughly convinced of this).

Quote:
Sionache's Dreams is a luclin spell, so no, you will never be mezzing at Chardok Royals on these servers. SUCKS.
You can mez some mobs at Chardok Royals with Crission's Pixie Strike but even if you couldn't, there's still Song of Twilight (once it loses its night-only restriction). It just depends if they're under level 56 or not. For mobs level 56 and higher you can only mez them with Melodious Truncheon (good luck with that).
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 11-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Orc

To double-check: the two lower bard mezzes will cap at 55 for PvE here?

Charm agro is still not functioning correctly, right?
Closed Thread