Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmygarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I swear i read that the -40% exp penalty doesn't apply to groups on p99. They left the penalty for hybrids and for races, but did not make it apply to groups.
yes the correct answer to this is not a yes or no...

the 40% penalty is shared by the group. splitting 40% penalty over 6 players doesn't hurt that much thereby making it almost not apply

what hurts is when you have 3+ hybrids with 40-68% penalties. it adds up
Old 03-26-2012, 05:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmygarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I swear i read that the -40% exp penalty doesn't apply to groups on p99. They left the penalty for hybrids and for races, but did not make it apply to groups.
Sadly, you read wrong.

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Old 03-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Large Bat

Playing a warrior, lvl 52 currently, I can say that they are 100% awful to play untwinked. Thankfully I have a core group of friends that I play with that are willing to put up with me waiting for a proc to solidify agro.

I played a ranger from March 16th 1999 to when I quit to go play EQ2 Beta. Thankfully I had a solid guild and group of people that knew what I could do. Also helped that none of them knew about the XP penalty before-hand.

With experience from both I can tell you that I've never had to make the ranger /role or /anon to avoid the constant stream of group invites like I have on my Warrior here. LOL.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes the correct answer to this is not a yes or no...

the 40% penalty is shared by the group. splitting 40% penalty over 6 players doesn't hurt that much thereby making it almost not apply

what hurts is when you have 3+ hybrids with 40-68% penalties. it adds up
Here is my rule of thumb when grouping with hybrids, if you have/want to include a hybrid in your group make sure they are several levels lower than you and you won't notice the exp difference as much. For instance i'm a 57 war and if I wanted to get a hybrid to tank so I could zerk for dps I'd probably find a 54 hybrid. We would have roughly the same experience so I wouldn't notice the exp hit as much. If I invited a 58 hybrid he would have a much higher total exp accumulated amount then me and I would notice a difference in exp. I love hybrids, I have a 60 paladin and appreciate the class' versatility, but you have to decide if adding a hybrid brings enough value to the group to warrant the exp they garner.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by semvo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And my axe.
I'm honored that this thread was necro'd because of my poor LotR reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Skeleton

Unless you just really want to be a ranger, pick another class.
Closed Thread