Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question Enchanter 12-16 Stumped

Is it just me or is 12-16 a really hard range for enchanters? Charming takes a lot of MP and if it breaks I'm dead pretty much immediately, no Breeze till 16, so I'm not much good to a group, and my animation is so squishy I can barely kill blues. What did you guys do for this level range? I'm getting the point where I might just save up some cash for Powerleveling or buy quest turn-ins or something. I feel like if I get to 16 it will be significantly easier to get groups.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

level 12 is the first day of the rest of your life as an enchanter. You get charm! But, you're probably doing what most new lvl 12 enchanters do, and trying to charm shit that is too high level. Killing two light blues efficiently is better than struggling through high blues/evens.

Best spot for lvl 12 is the minotaurs in steamfont. Zone in, make a left, and follow the wall. They'll be 4-6 minos and some slaves. Minos are set up in pairs perfectly for charming and on a fast enough spawn timer that by the time you get mana back, they're popped and ready to go. Keep max distance between you and your mobs in case of root/charm break. And the zone line is close if shit goes south.

Might be camped a lot though. There's a minotaur cave on the other side of the zone but there's a chance for them to spawn some big bad ass named mino who'll touch you inappropriately.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it just me or is 12-16 a really hard range for enchanters? Charming takes a lot of MP and if it breaks I'm dead pretty much immediately, no Breeze till 16, so I'm not much good to a group, and my animation is so squishy I can barely kill blues. What did you guys do for this level range? I'm getting the point where I might just save up some cash for Powerleveling or buy quest turn-ins or something. I feel like if I get to 16 it will be significantly easier to get groups.

I don't know what gears you got, but invest in HP stuff. Get the 55hp rings, if you can afford the earrings that have hps/mana on them get them too. This will allow you some survival when charm breaks.

The animation pet is garbage, and the sooner you stop using it the better tbh. It's ok if you want to farm lowbie stuff, and I seen high lvl chanters use theirs to kite mobs, but for the most part imo the animation should not be used as your main weapon.

You need to learn how to deal with charm breaks. Number one thing is tash and root the mob your pet is fighting. That way you only have to manage one mob if charm breaks, the one that was your pet.

You need to learn how to break your charm with invis, or get a goblin gazughi ring, honestly it's a very worthwhile investment as an enchanter it makes breaking your charm so easy.

Don't waste money buying a PL, unless you are so rich you simply have nothing else to spend your plats on. You can learn the basics of charm now as a lowbie and it will only get better as you get higher lvls. Charm breaks less often and charms last longer.

I have a 40 chanter now, and charm is easily the best way to lvl if you want to solo as an enchanter.

Hopefully that helps you some.

At level 12 I personally hunted in Oasis on crocs with charm. I stayed in Oasis till lvl 20.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:00 AM
Aviak

i did kurns
Old 03-06-2017, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Grouping is the easy solution to those low level woes. You can still mez adds, calm mobs and break camps (dervs/orcs). I had a bit of fun in Unrest from 12-20 before I moved on to other ventures.

Charming is a great way to XP, but it's short duration and if you're not rocking 200+ cha can be a little painful and even more unpredictable than it already is at the low levels.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Before you buy power leveling I would recommend trying the bread quest in SK centaurs/NK innkeep

It makes you a tiny bit of plat (costs 2 gold to get the bread, the turn in NPC will give you like 1 plat for the bread) and the toon I've done it on was getting close to 10% per turn in (~5ish min round trip with sow) in the low teens and it is good till 20-ish. Just keep in mind the more levels you get via the quest the further behind your skills will be, but doing it 12-16 wouldn't set you to far back.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Charming is difficult until you get breeze. One of the advantages to the enchanter class is that you still use many of your low-level spells at level 60. Your stuns and mezzes are fairly mana intensive when you get them, but as you level they start becoming much smaller in comparison to your total mana pool.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

It's true charm is very inconsistent at low lvls I remember hating how it broke so often. Around lvl 24 or so, charm became much more consistent and reliable though.

As they mentioned, you probably best to group up, just grind it out till 20-24 lvl, then you will find charming much better.

My gears did not change either, but I noticed a big difference using charm once i got 20+ compared to as a lowbie.

I was able to mess around on charm as a low lvl because I had fairly decent gears too at the time. If you undergeared, just group up till 20+.

You still bring a lot of things to a group even as a lowbie. Once you get 16 everyone will want you for breeze.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Aviak

General question about the different charm spells the enchanter gets as they level. Other than the max level of a mob the spell can charm, is there any difference in charm duration/frequency of charm breaks? (i.e. does a higher charm spell work better or are you better off using the lowest one that will charm that level mob)
Old 03-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Charming as an enc gets good when you can reasonably duo with clerics who can CH.

Until then, grouping is more often than not better exp. You can still charm solo, but it won't necessary be optimal exp.
Closed Thread