Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 07:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The hatred of boxing, on an instanced server with pick zones and instanced raids generally comes down to someone thinking they'll be left out if they don't box. You won't. Trust me.

Especially if you grab a few of your friends currently on P99 who are raging about not being able to get Fungi camp 7 years later or not being able to experience a Dozekar or Vulak raid. Get them to roll some toons with you on Agnarr and you've got yourself a classic EQ party. You'll be in LGuk doing big things in no time.
This times infinity. Everyone thinks that the issue is going to be overpopulation on any server. That's true. Any server over 200 characters will have an issue with overpopulation. The game isn't fun when there's some full group at your camp or another raid at your raid target, and there's nothing you can do about it. P2002 has problems, TAKP has problems, and lord knows P99 has problems with it.

There's peaceful resolutions to these scenarios, but jeez, I've played and developed these things long enough to know that's never going to happen because too many are concerned about rushing. The better option is to do instancing with a 'you're on your own' ruleset like Verant/SOE/Daybreak did on live. And you do realize that you get your own personal Nagafen, Vox, Vindi, etc, once per week under Daybreak's instancing, right? It's like EQ for people with actual lives and jobs.

If you're not going to do instancing, however..

The core problem lies in the mentality of the players that compete for raid targets. They are just concerned about the destination and not the journey to 60.

They don't realize how much fun they could have just leveling up new characters or trying something new ingame. Challenge yourself a little bit. Put artificial limitations on yourself like no twinking or handouts. Play a class you've never played before. Do a shitty quest - not for the reward but for the adventure.

The biggest problem is everyone knows the path of least resistance and is told to follow it. They do, they get to endgame, and poopsock raid mobs. Try and do crazy things no one else can, or wants to do, in the game instead of raiding - there's a reason the most popular EQ streams right now are people like Burytoe.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 05-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by radda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should buy an aactual camera over that iPhone with clip on lenses. My film and dsls own your Apple products
yea i bet you got them DSLs
Old 05-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you care so much about other peoples pixels? What part of Agnarr not allowing 2boxing don't you understand? Plus it's instanced, so who fukking cares. 100+ Lord Naggy's will easily be slain in any given week, you realize that right? So please tell me more about how boxing will hurt the server LOL.

The only ones boxing are going full neckbeard mode using multiple laptops and shit which will be hardly anyone. Like I said, made up issue by nerds that don't even play progression servers.
What I care about it people hogging content.

This "instance" thing only solves high end raiding. It does nothing for named mobs around all of Norrath. I doubt Kithikor Forest is gonna get enough people to have multiple "instances" for people to farm the 35% reduction bag...for example.

The fact ANYONE has the opportunity to camp 6 things at once destroys the server from the start.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea i bet you got them DSLs
Fucking a, dslr...
And yessss
Old 05-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This "instance" thing only solves high end raiding. It does nothing for named mobs around all of Norrath. I doubt Kithikor Forest is gonna get enough people to have multiple "instances" for people to farm the 35% reduction bag...for example.

The fact ANYONE has the opportunity to camp 6 things at once destroys the server from the start.
Jesus you are fucking stupid. You have been told repeatedly by people that actually play on these servers that it is nothing like you imagine in your warped little brain. There is literally no one doing what you are describing. You also are taking a p99 mentality to a live server and thats wrong to start with. So fucking what if there was a 6 boxer trying to monopolize several camps. Mobs dont belong to him, he cant get you in trouble for dps racing him and winning. If you think you deserve it more than him, take it. quit being a fucking nancyboy hiding behind some bullshit ruleset and petitionquest.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus you are fucking stupid. You have been told repeatedly by people that actually play on these servers that it is nothing like you imagine in your warped little brain. There is literally no one doing what you are describing. You also are taking a p99 mentality to a live server and thats wrong to start with. So fucking what if there was a 6 boxer trying to monopolize several camps. Mobs dont belong to him, he cant get you in trouble for dps racing him and winning. If you think you deserve it more than him, take it. quit being a fucking nancyboy hiding behind some bullshit ruleset and petitionquest.
Rather than educate him you go for insults. Is that the mentality on the TLPs? I see.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:32 AM
Fire Giant

99/100 angry comments in these threads seem to be from people staying on p99.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything. Relaaaaaaaaaaax.

Agnarr is an unknown quantity. Claiming its better or worse than p99 is purely speculative at best.

People are acting like taking a month to check out something else going on would be the end of the world. And that's silly, too.

If you want the convuluted circular logic : those claiming instances aren't 'classic' need to use the basis that instancing would bypass the google hangouts.... the mario kart.. the alt tabbing.. the FTE.... you know.. all the.. *cough* classic things that make the p99 end game what it is.

Phinny did not kill p99. Agnarr won't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:42 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Shralok pack is 25% reduction noob not 35%.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:13 AM
Large Bat

I've never played on Phinny but let me tell you EXACTLY what is going on over there!!!!!

Also

Boxing is classic AF
Old 05-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzavie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never played on Phinny but let me tell you EXACTLY what is going on over there!!!!!

Also

Boxing is classic AF
right?

I boxed warrior/cleric back in the day on two comps in diff rooms on dial up. I would literally run to the other room and hit CH when the warrior needed a heal then run back.