Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 12:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a "friendly" and "casual" game of golf with "pals" is PVP, then everything is, including EQ. If it isn't, then you have no point.

P1999 is NOT pay to win because you get yourself fucking banned if you buy via RMT.

And saying that everything is p2w because if you don't at least spend some money/time/effort on things, then you won't have a computer to play on or time to type in your password on the login screen or whatever. But that's pretty asinine.

If paying real money for a quadra-tink bag, when actual tink bags are out of reach for plat ingame for all except the .1%... if buying kronos with real money and using them as currency instead of farming plat or farming items directly... if that shit isn't pay two win... then what the hell do you guys think pay to win is? Literally paying money to be awarded a 1st place ribbon via mail and the server being closed down because one person bought victory?
Golf is PvP because it is a sport you play against other people whether or not you are playing casually or professionally.

I said EQ is pay to win because whether you are buying Krono or plat on a 3rd party website you still buy the same crap with it in game. You are saying RMT is bannable as a person who was caught selling. Most of the people participating in RMT are buyers and most of them are not caught. There are only a few big sellers and they keep selling until they eventually get caught. The buyers are the players you would say are paying to win.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:00 AM
Kobold

/pickzone is ridiculous that it doesnt put you at zone in. Been using the main instances and running down to where i need to be, then /pick, without any fight cuz everything is down in the main instances.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Anyone else enjoyed multiple versions of eq?
Old 06-01-2017, 01:42 AM
Kobold

I have to say, having the lfg and group looking for players system actually working is nice.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:08 AM
Fire Giant

The economy of Agnarr is fascinating to me, like the subplot in a movie thats actually the most entertaining part to you.... Which is funny, because even as someone with a BS in Economics, i always found EC on p99 dull.. The Valueation of the krono vs platinum in a present tense and projecting it in the future is almost like playing the market or gambling system in an RPG instead of grinding monsters outside the city ad naseum.

I made the call to stop levelling entirely after scoring my 48 spec pet and just immediately farmed plat to turn into krono. Something about seeing SMRs for 3 krono where in a month they will be 10 SMRs for 1 krono makes me giggle. But the timing advantage of having something early can be good.. For example, new pets and liches for a necro would be incredibly advantageous at the time and probably worth a quick krono investment, since having the spells would net you the power to grind 3 krono tomorrow instead of 1.... etc..

Then they announced the 50% bonus weekend. And anyone who cared was 50 by Monday lol. Which totally throws the economy in flux.. Since like a SSB went from a BiS must have to so flooded on the market (think 20 lowerguk picks going at all times all week...) that the homeless were scooping water out of the town well with them by Monday. So something i was getting 1kr for on day 3 was worth pretty much 9copper on day ten... Where those 3 krono went from 1200 in value to almost 4500pp in value..

Meh, just a silly example. It's a fascinating subplot.. It's like if p99 was a TV Show the editors would do all the actual dragon killing in a one min montage at the end of the episode, because if you were trying to film it Conan The Barbarian style, everyone would focus on the squabbling of the diff sets of 'heroes' competing to slay the gods!... Translation : Lawyerquest, the Reality TV of p99, would overtake the actual 'adventure' just like Agnar's "Kronos and Kash Homiez!" would be far more exciting than watching 75% of the server level in Upper/Lower Guk and Sol A/B.

Agnar is a progression server on live. It is not even trying to appeal to the p99 crowd in its entirety. It is not classic and has put as little effort into 'classic whitewashing' as humanly possible. And the ppl that wanted it, got it, which is why this thread is the same half dozen angry blowhards quibbling back and forth, like morning talk show political radio shows. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soandso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/pickzone is ridiculous that it doesnt put you at zone in. Been using the main instances and running down to where i need to be, then /pick, without any fight cuz everything is down in the main instances.
Lol me too.

Great minds think alike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2017, 02:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soandso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to say, having the lfg and group looking for players system actually working is nice.
Yes. As a tank I get a group within 5 mins most of the time. Lack of tanks atm.

I solely level my druid in the static group now because they are harder to get groups on.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
So glad I decided not to play on this server
Old 06-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So glad I decided not to play on this server
It was fun for about 4 days when everything was starting and new, everyone grouping and all the lively activity was nice too.

The ruination of so many things I like on the old game did it in for me though.

Some of the QOL features are nice.

The "updated" zones and alterations to the actual artwork of the original game just irked me too much to continue on Agnarr.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

impossible to post a short substantive piece on why one server is better than another. they all have their strengths and weaknesses. as someone who thought shards of dalaya was the best everquest server after 2004 I would advise to pick your horse for pantheon. if you think any of this eq servers will be alive in 2 years then you are max betting on a pantheon flop. the harder you hold on the faster it will slip away.

tl;dr quit playing video games and go do some mushrooms in the woods