Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Orc

It was a logical assumption, I was on hiatus when the rotation formed so I couldn't tell you the reasoning behind it.

But a common complaint when competing is: we can't beat soandso, they have all raid gear and we're stuck with quested, etc.

So one of the barriers to competing has been resolved by ensuring somewhat equal gearing of characters.

And they also now have requisite experience to pull off encounters without issue.

So the real reason the rotation could still be argued for is:

"we do not want to race other guilds for mobs"

In which case, what are they going to do for Velious? Should it ever exist on this server.

And what is the fun in knowing that you can derp your way through an encounter as there is no pressure on?
Old 01-30-2015, 01:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella'Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you wanted to be in Class-C, why are you still in Class-R?

Apply today,

http://tmoguild.org/phpBB3/application.php
Under skills can I put "Won drunken arguments with Chest?"
Old 01-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a logical assumption, I was on hiatus when the rotation formed so I couldn't tell you the reasoning behind it.

But a common complaint when competing is: we can't beat soandso, they have all raid gear and we're stuck with quested, etc.

So one of the barriers to competing has been resolved by ensuring somewhat equal gearing of characters.

And they also now have requisite experience to pull off encounters without issue.

So the real reason the rotation could still be argued for is:

"we do not want to race other guilds for mobs"

In which case, what are they going to do for Velious? Should it ever exist on this server.

And what is the fun in knowing that you can derp your way through an encounter as there is no pressure on?

It wasn't so much about gear as it was the fact that we're all of us 30-50 year olds playing a nostalgia game to relive our teenage years, and it's hard to really enjoy your sad midlife crisis nostalgia game when you can't actually do any of the fights because one group of nerds is willing to sit at spawn points for a week clicking their mouse so as soon as the dragon spawns they can tag him. The rotation was about giving everyone *who could kill mobs* a chance to kill those mobs so we could all feel young again. It wasn't about people starting guilds with 8 people and being handed a spot on the waiting list so they could get help from bigger guilds to kill mobs every time it was their turn.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

I should amend that last statement to something like "within reason, I don't think anyone sees any problem with small guilds getting in on the action. BDA helps smaller guilds with shit all the time and no one has any complaint about it. Like Raev is talking up a storm about what bad guys we are, but I remember a really rough Trak raid that A-team needed help on because they couldn't field the numbers. I don't recall BDA being a bunch of awful monsters then."

Not that A-team is a smaller guild or incapable of killing Trak. I mean that's really part of the point, is everyone needs a little help from time to time, and the whole familial aspect of class R was nice because people were getting to play the game who otherwise would be stuck in Karnor's all day choosing between staying with their friends and apping to a bigger guild so they could kill shit.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty good propaganda! A few points I'd like to touch on:

A) I know of one person who does this. I'm sure there's more, but we're talking serious minority. You don't get that much loot.
B) You're not fun to play against. No one is joining R on an alt for the pleasure of competing with you guys.

That's exactly what someone who has an alt in Omni would say!

Old 01-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... The rotation was about giving everyone *who could kill mobs* a chance to kill those mobs so we could all feel young again. It wasn't about people starting guilds with 8 people and being handed a spot on the waiting list so they could get help from bigger guilds to kill mobs every time it was their turn.
Apparently some people missed the memo.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should amend that last statement to something like "within reason, I don't think anyone sees any problem with small guilds getting in on the action. BDA helps smaller guilds with shit all the time and no one has any complaint about it. Like Raev is talking up a storm about what bad guys we are, but I remember a really rough Trak raid that A-team needed help on because they couldn't field the numbers. I don't recall BDA being a bunch of awful monsters then."

Not that A-team is a smaller guild or incapable of killing Trak. I mean that's really part of the point, is everyone needs a little help from time to time, and the whole familial aspect of class R was nice because people were getting to play the game who otherwise would be stuck in Karnor's all day choosing between staying with their friends and apping to a bigger guild so they could kill shit.
Raev is a world class troll, I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

This one time BDA couldn't kill Trak on a weekday morning so Argh, Loraen and I led your raid for you. WHAT HAPPENED TO US BEING FRIENDS BDA?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Under skills can I put "Won drunken arguments with Chest?"
Chest Erotica -

http://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseamarsh...ay#.xfoZBD98Xv
Old 01-30-2015, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serious miscasting of shit going on in that post. How about the "pixel lust" of small guilds riding the coattails of larger guilds so that they can distribute pixels from easier & more desirable targets amongst a smaller pool than if they were in a guild capable of actually doing all the content?

You want the loots? Man up and form a large enough force to actually kill the tough mobs and (here's the key part[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] then share the "loot pinata" pixels amongst all of the players required to actually earn your place at the table.

The greed and the abuse here are coming 99% from the smaller guilds crying because they want guaranteed pixels at the expense of the players in the larger guilds.
ROFL yeah those 3 shared kills/month that some smaller guilds teamed up for really must've stung you guys bad!!! Seriously, it's so little loot compared to the big picture, its basically inconsequential. Basically you guys are crying because a few mobs/month, some smaller guilds killed a mob instead of wiping for 4 hours with too few numbers. Who cares???

The 'pixel lust' of smaller guilds?? It's hilarious what you guys believe.
Closed Thread