Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 04:19 PM
Banned

Something technically being possible and something being actually feasible are not the same. At 44 you will most certainly die trying to solo Targin for the many reasons that Jorg listed.

1) the shamans are a problem. They heal, they slow, and they get adds easily.

2) once you're in the lava pit you are stuck. If you can get a level 60 wizard to come TL you then you might as well have him break the camp for you, if it was broke right it MIGHT work, but I would still bet against you.

3) This is a great XP camp - even if you could solo it I would recommend leveling here anyways in a trio

4) Pulling a PH into the lava pit is no where near as easy as DJ is making it sound, if there are casters or one of the other platforms agro's your chances of living are small and then you have a sh!ty corpse run. Can you even pull the platform once your down there without some sort of Levi?

5) Royals is a popular camp, be patient and you will get a group here or can easily construct one to meet you there.

6) You can maybe get a higher level monk who is solo-killing LDC's to help you clear the camp out, especially if he is already up, but even then I would imagine they would help you since its for Epic.

7) This is a popular camp, your main problem may be finding it not camped already
Last edited by Spyder73; 06-22-2017 at 04:22 PM..
Old 06-22-2017, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yea, I should have mentioned that he will get healed through walls, so really it should have been, "once you can solo 1 ph/targin through a few heals..."
Old 06-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

I do enjoy a challenge, but thankfully I realized this was a fool's errand before I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
have a sh!ty corpse run.
Ended up forming a trio with a necro and enchanter and steamrolled the area.. surprisingly very efficient comp I may add!

Grinded for a few hours, no sign of Targin. Did get some pretty good exp and had a great time pulling and discovering the classic camps in the area that I'd never explored before.

Appreciate all the input!
Old 07-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Large Bat

I was 51 with a fungi and soloing it pretty nicely until the King came. I could not solo the King. In my opinion, I would think about getting a duo friend that is high 40s and just xp in the area. I duoed there with a mage and a bard and it was pretty easy. Always people there looking for xp.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:47 AM
Aviak

Did this yesterday on my monk who is 44. Someone was clearing the area so I just waited for hours. No luck. Eventually they left and the room was split so I tried keeping up. I could kill the mobs no problem with a fungi until the king spawned. I ended up bringing my 60 rogue over who also has a fungi and tried to kill the king and I had to reaper to be able to solo the king as a rogue. So what I then started doing was leaving the king's ph up and I was able to solo pull Targin's ph and easily kill with the rogue until Targin spawned. I then just logged my monk over and looted. Took roughly 10 hours.
Closed Thread