Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Aviak

Default AOE Kiting By Level

I would like to make a guide for various AOE classes about where they can effectively AOE by level range and zone.

And I need your help!!!

Please tell me your favorite locations to AOE hunt either as a bard, druid, wizard, or any other AOE class.

Qualities for a good AOE zone:
Outdoors (SoW/Selo's usable)
No/few caster mobs
Mobs run at the same speed
Mobs hit at the same distance away
Preferably has a zone-line that is reachable

What I have so far:

10-15: Erud's Crossing - Willowisp Isle
+ great money, all same mob, plenty to choose from
- it is an island, hard to zone, lonely

12-16: Lesser Faydark - Bandit Sisters
+ good money, low hp, all same mob, very safe

15-20: Oasis of Marr - Crocs
+ lots of mobs, lots of space, easily zoneable
- dangerous due to dry bones/desert madmen

20-25: Ocean of Tears - Gargoyles
+ great money, mobs are the same type
- it is an island, hard to zone, mobs hit hard

I need your suggestions on the rest of the places I/we can AOE kite!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

25-40: Overthere - Anything that isn't already grabbed
+ As a bard here I was getting 1 level a pull from 30-40. Each pull would take about 30 minutes, but still good time IMO
- If there are two bards in the zone, good lucky finding a solid amount of mobs. Wizards and Druids shouldn't have an issue. Few casters if you stick to animals. Avoid Rhinos, they all have different runspeeds. Succs and Cocks are the prime targets.

40-50: Tim Deep - Aviaks
+ Decent money, easy kills. These will be the last "low health" mobs you'll find for awhile.
- Heavily camped

50+ Burning Woods - Anything you can find
+ Tons of mobs. Not camped at all. Most have low magic resist.
- It's dark. Densely packed mobs. Dangerous run through without runspeed. Few level ground areas to kite around.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

How many mobs at aviak camp?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Kobold

Bards guide to leveldom:

East Karana: 16-24 - Anything a druid would love and protect, kill it. Also gnolls.
West Karana: 24-34 - 2 birds with one stone, or rather, 50 with 1 bard
Overthere: 34-50 - Everything the light touches is our kingdom.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...09&postcount=8
Old 07-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Large Rat

18-20 (Practice zone) Oasis: Can around up 40+ orcs avoiding the shamans fairly easily.

20-24 Overthere: At this level all mobs in OT run close enough to the same speed to be easily kitable, rhinoes, birds, tigers, cactus, sarnaks can all be kited together fairly easily. At this level our kites should consist of 30-50 mobs depending on how long you want to take pulling.

25-31 Lake of Ill Omen: OT mobs go light blue, pulls take too long, on this map start your pull just East of 6. Run South to just east of 10, swing east avoiding goblins, avoid 11 but pull everything else in the valley, pull one skeleton from 12 and swing around once to get 7+ skeletons, run around the windmill once grabbing the 3 tigers and 2 iksar mobs, sometimes you have to run up on the mountains to get a few extras. Now carefully head northwest to the location -2500,-1000 and head west pulling an additional 5-10 mobs, trace the lake back to your initial pull spot. Pulls are way way faster than OT and you'll have 30-60 mobs. Flat area with 2 green roamers at the initial pull spot, just pull them in advance and rest easy, you can do 25-31 in a day.

32-46 OT: It starts out frustrating because of resists and the amount of time each pull takes, but at 32 with large pulls (avoiding rhinos, tigers too if you're not good at kiting but if you're decent they are easily kitable) I was able to get about 13 yellows per pull with 90-110 mob pulls, down side? Long pull times, but at 2+ levels per kite I was willing to deal with it.

47,48+: DL, BW? I like DL because of the amount of mobs, and there is a spot on the East side of KC that has two pillars spaced out perfectly for kiting, also no roamers, did a few successful kites here with 50+ mobs

Alternatives? Mid 30s I recommend breaking OT and going to FV, you can pull 90+ drolvargs within 5 minutes, its insane. Negatives? Gotta deal with pilgrims but its manageable, I could see someone doing 130+ mob pulls here but at the time of me lvling my bard my laptop couldn't handle the graphical intensity.

Mostly I found that a lot of bards are sheepish or noob when it comes to kiting, if you're going to kite, go ALL THE WAY. If you get hit one time you're dead anyway, pull the whole zone, pull 100+, pull 200+ if your pc can handle it. I know when I upgrade computers I'll be attempting to pull all of the dreadlands for the hell of it, I also want to go back and do FV some more.

Anyway using these spots I went 18-46 in like a week, bards are a joke to level. (Its amazing.) Good luck~~

Here are some screenshots I took while kiting. Never be humble! You're a bard damnit, its your birth right to spread jackassery and pompousness! Righto~!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

You really have to separate wizard/druid and bard into separate categories. Druids/Wizards quad kite, which has some fundamentally different aspects to bard AOE kiting.

But for wizards, here's how I did it:

24-31: (Yes, even before AoE snare) Mammoths in EF near the IG fort
31-34: Giant Skels in Rathe Mts near Lake Rathe ZL
34-42: Qeynos Guards in NK - pull the two on the bridge from the side, run down to the tower near gypsies, grab those, repeat.
42-44: Random Dreadlands Yetis/etc near Ice Cave
44-51: Bloodgills in LoIO (should have gone here earlier, amazing exp)
51-54: Spirocs in TD
54-55: Raptors in TD. But Raptors are so freaking slow that I didn't bother leveling anymore, so I stopped at 55. But you could do Raptors (the vicious ones) to 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Last edited by Messianic; 07-27-2012 at 12:59 PM..
Old 07-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Sarnak

What part of DL did u bard kite in?
Closed Thread