Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...tranquil+staff

2001 post about t staff proc always lasting longer than 4-5 seconds to cast some spell

"the tranquil staff always stuns long enough to get a cast from the bio orb (4-5 seconds or so). As soon as the Tstaff procs, right-click bio orb and bang, unless he's got good resists, your opponent is blinded and helpless. "

i cant find anything that says 10 seconds every time but i cant recall it lasting 1-3 seconds ever.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 01-11-2013 at 10:57 PM..
Old 01-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, the proc is supposed to be a random duration in pvp, not a set 12 seconds every time.

found here http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=572
Effects on players versus NPCs are NOT the same.

T Staff stun in PVP was full duration but you could stop the spinning.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Many collaborative sources say even in PvP, it wasn't 12 seconds every time.

Regardless, it needs to be adjusted like I said it would need to be 3 months ago. Because of our knowledge of the game 13 years later, t-staff has become far more prominent early than it was on live. Thus, so should the nerf. PvP never came down to t-staffs in classic pvp, but here it does. Its only going to get worse. This is all I'm going to say about it. Devs can make up their own minds, but its going to be a shame when people start leaving the server because 1 item makes PvP completely 1 sided. I just don't want to see it come to that because I really enjoy this server.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

are you kidding? any pvp thread about monks relies on t staff to win any fight. without monks are pretty fucked. if nihilum wants to recruit 20 monks with t staff then so be it.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many collaborative sources say even in PvP, it wasn't 12 seconds every time.
----

Quote:
1) Buy Tranquil staff

Use: If you are fighting a rogue, druid, sham, pure caster, you can probably kill them during the time they are stunned with innerflame (always works for me)
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ead.php?t=8828

And here:

Quote:
Monk
Like WAR, watch for the riposte or high damage discipline. In the case of the riposte discipline either get behind them or more preferable avoid them for the duration altogether (11 seconds?). Remember that monks get mend but it has a decent refresh time. If they are dual wielding you should have an easier time jousting them to death. Monk weapons hit very, very hard. Avoid getting stunned by a Tranquil Staff, and Nimble if you do so they don't kill you with a discipline. They also have a better Safe Fall than you. Switch to AC gear.
http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=185

Quote:
Monks can get good at higher lvl when they get certain weopons. I.E. tranquil staff, after it procs disc on them and its over
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17671
Old 01-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Item re-charging is classic but was deemed detrimental to the health of the server.

All Destin is trying to say is perhaps the devs should consider whether t-staff should fit in the same category.

People are upset that root still lands ~6% of the time. Root can be dispelled and the rooted player can still cast and attack. The player casting root is giving up dps in order to cast root a non-damaging or low damaging spell.

Tranquil Staff lands 100% of the time. Cannot be dispelled and the rooted player cannot cast or attack. The monk is giving up 0 dps in order to do so.

Stop for a moment and consider the math:

At max dex you get 2 procs per minute.
Currently proc is an unresistable 12 second stun.

That means each monk is "super rooting" someone every 30 seconds without using mana while putting out the most damage they are capable of.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

im more worried about vp geared zerg that keeps recruiting than a classic item doing classic things. T-staff maybe the deciding factor in 1v1 but eq pvp has never been balanced. people need to learn to avoid melee hits. ive been t staffed once and thats because i didnt think it would proc so early. now i avoid melee range of monks at all costs.

the counter to t staff is to not get hit. learn to not just stand there and spam 1 button.

edit: also i have yet to hear of anyone getting griefed off the server by t -staff. the only reason ive heard from anyone is losing too much xp to pvp or some other complaint about xp. this kinda reminds me when the nilly opposition was complaining about wands.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 01-12-2013 at 01:24 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 06:02 AM
Planar Protector

What you think is irrelevant. You are no one, a nobody who doesn't even play here on the regular, have no classic pvp experience, and no present experience from which to even speak. In pvp on a daily basis just since kunark, I have seen you once. You're completely out of touch of what is happening on r99 and spend 99% of your time in game and on the forums trolling. Just take a big step back...

Myself and Nihilum stand to gain nothing from what I'm proposing except to help balance the pvp scene, especially bearing in mind that we already have 3 t-staff monks and will soon have several more. I actually want to help. Those who don't and only hang about to senselessly oppose those who do have no place in the bug forum.
Last edited by Dullah; 01-13-2013 at 06:45 AM..
Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Planar Protector

why do nilly need any more monks? or even more members, jesus!!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why do nilly need any more monks? or even more members, jesus!!
This just in: T-staff overpowered, server flooded with monks.