Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 08-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No reports of any damage for pvp spells just the on hit effect but no numbers

ie: your skin ignites

(dats it)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You feel your skin freeze over. You have taken 164 points of damage."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Haynar is basing development decisions on stupid shit Nirgon comes up with no evidence, logs, or proof we are fucked.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Dat ping

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 08-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not changing this yet.

And if you think I am so dumb to listen to one person? You are correct. But its not Nirgon.

And not you.

For those who think its fun to give me crap when I am trying to help, stand warned, you will go on ignore. Its hard enough to filter through all the bullshit and contradictory info.

H
Old 08-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So damage messages should not exist for spells? Except on player being damaged?
Correct. On direct damage spells only the player being damaged sees the numbers. Also note in the above Sebilis screenshot where the player getting hit is getting messages that his attacker is being damaged by his damage shield, but no numbers are being reported.

At this point I'm only willing to say that this only happens in PvP. In PvE I think damage numbers were reported to the caster but I'm not 100% certain. I know it was like that on blue servers.

So imagine this scenario:

I'm a level 50 something dwarf cleric just chilling all alone outside the Thurgadin bank. I'm sitting there running a /who every 10 or 15 seconds and I see Mezmoriah enter the zone. Mez is a level 50 something dark elf wizard who has a reputation for running around solo and preying on defenseless newbies. I just sit and wait. I'm a cleric, I have full mana, resist gear on, resist buffs on and remedy memorized. I have nothing to fear from any wizard.

Sure enough I see Mezmoriah come round the corner and start casting. Now on SZ there was no common tongue that everyone shared so it was difficult for members of different teams to communicate. Numbers however would go through ungarbled. I decide to be a pal and tell him how much his nukes are hitting for since I know that I will see the damage numbers and he will not.

Get nuked by a random wizard nuke, see the damage
Jaxon says, '248'
Jaxon says, '312'
Jaxon says, '178'
...and so on

'Mezmoriah nods.'

His mana exhausted, Mezmoriah sits down to meditate. And that's when I start whacking him with my hammer and force him out of the zone, all the while attempting to rally my guild and all the neutrals exping in GD to hunt down and expel the invader.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You ever consider that's from an NPC?

I personally played with Kaaq (60 gnome wizard, Facultas) and Gestahl (60 warrior, actually made a dark elf) during this era and they were 60. No one in pvp was casting that lil shitty nuke on them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Kinthaf was a rogue. Full name Kinthaf Athief.

Ya I got prof:
http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/pla...r_name=Kinthaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you will go on ignore.
Don't hesitate sir, you should pretty easily be able to tell who is bullshitting if you follow us through the threads and who isn't.

And its not contradictory info, its twisting and lies.
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-07-2014 at 01:53 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Not changing this yet.

And if you think I am so dumb to listen to one person? You are correct. But its not Nirgon.

And not you.

For those who think its fun to give me crap when I am trying to help, stand warned, you will go on ignore. Its hard enough to filter through all the bullshit and contradictory info.

H
I quoted what that other guy said as a dig against Nirgon, this self-professed classic EQ guru with a shoddy memory who posts contradictory info that has to be corrected by evidence, not you.

And I don't care whom you listen to or ignore, as long as the only thing you act on is evidence.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Banned

My memory is so shoddy I know the guild names and races/classes of the people in that screen shot.

All the people who like spamming wildfire, please stop being selfish. It makes for terrible game play where only numbers and mashing buttons matters.

I'll take damage only seen by player hit actually :P.
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-07-2014 at 01:55 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Banned

The healing isn't reported on the drain coming back in either

And yes proof, you should see damage done to you by players as in this lure of ice hitting Nuerox (click it and squint at right above the guild chat line)

No regular reports on dot ticks tho.
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-07-2014 at 02:07 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yes proof, you should see damage done to you by players as in this lure of ice hitting Nuerox (click it and squint at right above the guild chat line)
Congratulations, you've confirmed something that was already established before you even denied it.

"You succumb to the lure of lightning. You have taken 426 points of damage."
Old 08-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

a lot of things shouldn't be reported to the client that currently are. this is definitely one of them