Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-06-2016, 12:57 AM
Fire Giant

plssss fix! wtb multi card drops even if rare as hell, wtb more throne drops overall. killing 50 mobs for nothing sucks, then killing 3 mobs for 1 throne just whack.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Default :p

Bumping for great justice.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

I tried puppets again.

Update me to 0/67.

Seriously this drop rate isn't classic. Fix puppets, fix alice please.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:15 PM
Orc

Drop rate is broken and being exploited by the few players (torpor shaman, focus necro) who can solo the a4 halflings.

forest should drop 2 squires per clearing of the mushroom men (not "maybe 1").

chessboard has dropped 1 crown and zero library cards in 20 clearings. nowhere near classic rate.

puppets have dropped 1 knight, zero crowns, and zero thrones in close to 20 clearings (might get some WoW parts if you're lucky).

A4 has yielded nothing to me so far... except a realization that torpor shaman is the class that can profiteer here (the guys camping this aren't making armor, they're selling cards for 100k each -that's 800k to make a class specific armor piece).

The drop rate is so broken that the atmosphere of the zone is starting to get green and stagnant - everyone is disheartened by the drop rate and frustrated by the greed of those who can solo-permacamp a4 halflings. This is not the PoM I remember and it is certainly not the friendly cooperative PoM advertized in the wiki. It's a festering cesspool of greed, due to a choked off drop rate.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:23 PM
Banned

i can solo a4 on my monk
Old 03-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Druid solos A4 just fine as well
Old 03-10-2016, 05:58 AM
Orc

Sorry, fellas. Didn't mean to slight you. You guys are special, too. Hope you're making fat plat like the others who aren't trying to get gear from this zone.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Well let's be honest... The gear from mischief outside of BPs, Flowers, Cloak and 1 or 2 decent Armors are not worth the effort even with correct drop rates.

So once people get their BP and a few flowers they are done with anything useful in the zone.

I'd love to see PoMischief get classic with it. The Top Left / WoW combine for Funny Money, the 4 Funny Money turnin requirement, the Throne drop rate increased and on all the correct mobs.

But a lot of design choices made in Velious seemed to go for mobs that are dropping less than they should. Vulak frequently drops 2 items when he should always drop 3. Tunare drops 1-2 items when he should be dropping 3-4 soon. Yelinak only drops 1 item outside of head and talisman, he should drop 3-4 items beyond head/talisman. Etc etc.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well let's be honest... The gear from mischief outside of BPs, Flowers, Cloak and 1 or 2 decent Armors are not worth the effort even with correct drop rates.

So once people get their BP and a few flowers they are done with anything useful in the zone.

I'd love to see PoMischief get classic with it. The Top Left / WoW combine for Funny Money, the 4 Funny Money turnin requirement, the Throne drop rate increased and on all the correct mobs.
Speaking solely as a solo (non-guilded) Necromancer, I am in PoM because it is my best chance to get epic level armors on my own... or at least I thought it was until I got there. Then, I trimmed back my wish list to those items you mentioned (flowers and class-specific robe). Now, I'm trimming it back even further... so far, in fact, that I'm not really playing there much now until they fix the broken drop rate.

I agree with the funny money thing as well. Selling dolls for 80-100k is insane. People used to GIVE THOSE AWAY FOR FREE. And anyone seriously farming in the zone often used them for the regen clicks rather than combines, they were that common. The zone, as is, is broken beyond enjoyability.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

I've been in PoM since a month out in Velious and never seen double drops. Farming Puppets and A4 halflings. I also regularly solo the Grink and Glonk in A4 and seen crowns drop. No such thrones.

Dald did some serious work on the research side of this. When can we get Dev's to acknowledge?