Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkutron5000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If, at this point Martin felt threatened, wouldn't he have been within his rights to defend himself? When can you begin using "self defense" as a legal defense for violence? Do you have to be physically assaulted first and self defense is fighting back? Or could other actions lead you to feel threatened enough, that without being physically hit, you could strike the other person and have a valid claim at self defense? I'm nowhere near being a lawyer so I'm generally just interested in the answer, and not making a claim on what may/ may not have happened in this case.
Caps lock for emphasis:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typical Self-Defense law
The general rules for Self Defense are as follows:

1: General Rule: It is a defense that the defendant believed that:
a) he was in IMMINENT danger of being illegally physically harmed by another;
b) the force he used was NECESSARY to prevent the threatened harm; and
c) those beliefs were objectively REASONABLE

2: Deadly Force: same as above but the physical harm must be an imminent threat of DEATH or SERIOUS bodily harm, and the deadly force used was REASONABLY necessary to prevent that harm.

There is NO general duty to retreat. Most jurisdictions consider the OPPORTUNITY to retreat as something to CONSIDER in determining whether or not the use of DEADLY force was REASONABLE
In short, the evidence in the RECORD seems to indicate that Martin was the physical aggressor (mere words are NEVER enough to make one an aggressor, there must be an OVERT physical act). If the fact finder finds that Martin was the aggressor, self-defense is UNAVAILABLE.

Note that it is theoretically possible for two people to fight and both assert self defense because there were two different "fights". Ex: I hit you, then you defend. I run away, you hit me, I defend.

The ONLY question here is whether or not Zimmerman's act of shooting Martin (which is what's on trial) fits within the elements for self-defense listed above.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry, I feel the need to rant a little...

I'm so tired of people whining about how everyone is racist or a bigot if their opinion happens to be against someone who is black; whether it's criticism about Obama, someone saying this Trayvin kid was a fucking punk, or Paula Deen calling the man who robbed her at gunpoint a ******. l am sick of political correctness in general, isnt anyone else? All it does is divide us all further.

I'm especially tired of the double standards. Did you see that bitch on the stand for the prosecution saying that the words "creepy ass cracker" arent racist? And i love the big ass smirk on her face when she's saying it. And then a clip of Al Sharpton saying she was under attack on the stand. Fuck off, Al, she was merely being cross examined. Deal with it.

I understand there really are racist people and i think that's wrong, but jesus christ, it's like all logic and reason goes out the window for these retarded bleeding heart types and all they can do is play the racism card.

Btw, i say all of this as a proud wagon-burning prairie ******. I'm a 1/2 native american and 1/2 cracker female born on a reservation. I am as minority as they come.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you ever carried out street justice before HBB?
Fuck around and find out.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you see that bitch on the stand for the prosecution saying that the words "creepy ass cracker" arent racist?
They aren't.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Btw, i say all of this as a proud wagon-burning prairie ******. I'm a 1/2 native american and 1/2 cracker female born on a reservation. I am as minority as they come.
None of which prevents you from being ignorant.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Racism means absolutely nothing outside of the context of a racial power imbalance.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

And BAM! Just like that: your hair is a bird.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of which prevents you from being ignorant.
Are you trying to make some kind of post quota with your little one line submissions? It' s a little annoying.

And I think I had a good point in my last post so stop beng a dick. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Are you trying to make some kind of post quota with your little one line submissions? It' s a little annoying.
rnf posts don't increase post count. thats not to say he isnt keeping a seperate record though

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

That little gangster wannabe got what he wanted, he just didn't live from it like his idol half-dollar.
Closed Thread