Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you have it backwards? That link is saying that's the old way. Did this patch introduce the old way or something? I thought we had the old scheme, and that we had to outdamage our pets in order to get full XP.
i think the way it was on this server before live was the new scheme, where pet would take 75% unless you did 1 point of damage, in which case it took 0%.

i'm assuming that this is going to change to the 50% damage = 50% exp taken scheme, which is going to suck balls for my enchanter since i can't do any damage without a pet. D:
Old 10-23-2011, 05:21 AM
Planar Protector

Pssst.........you have memory blur........just saying.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:25 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to cast mem blur 4-6 times to get it to stick, and it has a recast time. I know EQ is all about mindless repetition but you have to draw the line somewhere.

I think more likely druids will go back to kiting and enchanters will go back to looking for groups that don't have rangers.
Last edited by Tux; 10-23-2011 at 05:26 AM.. Reason: Engrish.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enchanters already have to do a bunch of retarded shit to be able to solo effectively, adding a spell with less than 30% success rate and no feedback of success would be ridiculous.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think the way it was on this server before live was the new scheme, where pet would take 75% unless you did 1 point of damage, in which case it took 0%.

i'm assuming that this is going to change to the 50% damage = 50% exp taken scheme, which is going to suck balls for my enchanter since i can't do any damage without a pet. D:
Why would they go backwards like that? The new scheme is so much better.

Saying "well, new scheme isn't as classic" doesn't work, because someone made the decision to forget about classic and change the boat routes in OOT. New scheme is better in every way. Moving to the old scheme is regressive.

I have an enchanter too, and a necro. My necro will probably be OK, but not my enchanter. I'm not happy with this. What's the point in it?

(my enchanter is too low for me to worry about him doing more than 50% damage, because he does that without even trying at his low level)
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 10-23-2011 at 05:37 AM..
Old 10-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would they go backwards like that? The new scheme is so much better.

Saying "well, new scheme isn't as classic" doesn't work, because someone made the decision to forget about classic and change the boat routes in OOT. New scheme is better in every way. Moving to the old scheme is regressive.

I have an enchanter too, and a necro. My necro will probably be OK, but not my enchanter. I'm not happy with this. What's the point in it?
because the devs want the only effective solo class to be necro and druid, anything else is Not Classic (tm)
Old 10-23-2011, 05:35 AM
Kobold

How does this affect charm soloing? Charm solo is already risky and I run around with 50 does of SoW and levitate on at all times, now I'm gonna have to break charm on my pet before I kill off my target? No more spectres for me hehe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I heard of reverse-charm solo tactic, where I root, charm, haste a mob, then break charm, re-root, find a new pet, attack uber mob till low hp then break charm again so looks like this will be the way to go. Hide is too unreliable for this it seems, any cheap items that give invis?

To be honest I can outnuke my animation pet but it isn't very mana effecient, glad I'm 41 already as this *nerf* would have sucked in mistmoore!

Thanks for the memory blur recommendation, I'm sure it will come in useful at somepoint, but already a bit strained for spell slots so will have to test out these tactics a bit more.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does this affect charm soloing? Charm solo is already risky and I run around with 50 does of SoW and levitate on at all times, now I'm gonna have to break charm on my pet before I kill off my target? No more spectres for me hehe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I heard of reverse-charm solo tactic, where I root, charm, haste a mob, then break charm, re-root, find a new pet, attack uber mob till low hp then break charm again so looks like this will be the way to go. Hide is too unreliable for this it seems, any cheap items that give invis?

To be honest I can outnuke my animation pet but it isn't very mana effecient, glad I'm 41 already as this *nerf* would have sucked in mistmoore!

Thanks for the memory blur recommendation, I'm sure it will come in useful at somepoint, but already a bit strained for spell slots so will have to test out these tactics a bit more.
anyone who recommends memory blur as a tool to regularly wipe hate lists for soloing has obviously never used the spell before. you'd spend a third of your mana on every mob just trying to get memory blur to stick.

the truth is, this is going to make charming for experience way harder for enchanters, if not impossible. hell, it's going to make charming in most groups impossible as well. in a group with enchanter/cleric/warrior my charmed pet will outdamage the warrior every time, and might even outdamage 1 or 2 more dps added to the group.
Last edited by pickled_heretic; 10-23-2011 at 05:41 AM..
Old 10-23-2011, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because the devs want the only effective solo class to be necro and druid, anything else is Not Classic (tm)
Boat routes aren't classic either. Kodiaks walking the south desert wall in West Commons isn't classic. Bixies all over Nektulos isn't classic (I don't think? I don't remember seeing them there). There's a few things that aren't classic, so why make pet exp classic all of a sudden?

Like I said, it probably won't affect me because I've been playing under the assumption that it was already like this, which may make you wonder why I don't like this change. I'm of the opinion that not everything about classic has to be emulated, when improvements were made later. There were a few changes post-classic that were really good, like the pet exp change. Another example is the nerf to DOT damage on moving mobs in classic that was repealed in Velious. There's no need to patch that DOT damage nerf in if it was later repealed. It's regressive. Yeah, you can say "well that was classic" but then I can say "well why did you choose to alter boat routes? That's not classic".

Oh well. My necro will be fine, and my enchanter will have the same trouble I expected he would have anyway. It's just odd decision making, picking and choosing what parts of classic to add and what parts to alter.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 10-23-2011 at 06:05 AM..
Old 10-23-2011, 05:56 AM
Kobold

And I was all stoked to start charm soloing on my Enchanter. Bleh. :|
Closed Thread