Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Orc

Was just curious on what to start off with from level 18. Want to give a go at AOE kiting and I dont know a decent camp(s) to goto at this level range.

Maybe a list of decent areas/mobs for 18-30?

Was just curious since this is my first bard since 2001 lol.

Thanks in advance.

And just to clarify....
1) twist selo's w/o drum
2) circle in closer with lute/horn
3) Lay a AE dot on
4) circle wide out
5) circle in closer
7) Lay another AE Dot on.

in between dot timers do you use the DD song? or just chill with Selo's and Healing?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Talking

Hey Hmotzart,

I think I've seen a few of your corpses around, heh. The same thing would happen to an enchanter if they get 45 mobs on them, but I'd have zero chance of kiting them in the first place. Risk vs reward well in the bard's favor from what I've read on this thread.

Probably many non-bards would be pleased to see a bard go down under 45 mobs especially if they were having trouble finding anything to hunt of the right level in the same zone. It would probably serve the bard community well to talk more about when they give up an area out of courtesy to other players, or if they died to prevent training a group, or how they might "negotiate" with another group if they could otherwise "kite the whole zone".

Nevron 14 enchanter
Old 04-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyYodler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was just curious on what to start off with from level 18. Want to give a go at AOE kiting and I dont know a decent camp(s) to goto at this level range.

Thanks in advance.

And just to clarify....
1) twist selo's w/o drum
3) Lay a AE dot on
4) circle wide out
5) circle in closer

in between dot timers do you use the DD song? or just chill with Selo's and Healing?
I don't use Brusco's Boastful Bellow. I don't suggest you do either; it doesn't give you that much utility. Just stay focused on the important stuff (ae's, selo's, regen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevron
Probably many non-bards would be pleased to see a bard go down under 45 mobs especially if they were having trouble finding anything to hunt of the right level in the same zone. It would probably serve the bard community well to talk more about when they give up an area out of courtesy to other players, or if they died to prevent training a group, or how they might "negotiate" with another group if they could otherwise "kite the whole zone".
This is fair. I typically just aoe kite in zones that already have a huge surplus of mobs, or I aoe kite spots that would already be taken up by a comparable number of players (solo/duo spots that is, like the specs tower in Oasis). Otherwise I'd feel kind of bad. Though I won't judge any Bards who aoe kite in zones when there's a scarcity of mobs, I just think it's better for everyone to do it in zones that are more densely populated with mobs. Yes, sadly that excludes South karana.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Hmotzart,

I think I've seen a few of your corpses around, heh. The same thing would happen to an enchanter if they get 45 mobs on them, but I'd have zero chance of kiting them in the first place. Risk vs reward well in the bard's favor from what I've read on this thread.

Nevron 14 enchanter
Yeh for the most part I will tell people to pull mobs out of my swarm if they need exp.. I always try and find places no one is near so I am not snagging there exp. I also join groups and swarm for them, while they group kill. It is not always a solo gig with me. I love to share the wealth since I don't get asked to group a lot cause of the exp hit and yes I HAVE TONS OF BODS everywhere hehe, think I had over 50 in WC teaching myself how to do this since it has been years since i played my bard on live... I HAVE MARKED MY ZONES WELL! So if anyone ever see's me swarmin near your group I would love to share full group exp bonus with swarms.. PST! As for deaths or trains Whelp I die instantly most the time Or i just keep the kite going and heal to full. No sense in letting a 20 min gather for a swarm go to waste. I would rather take the time to heal to full and kill..
Old 04-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyYodler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks in advance.

And just to clarify....
1) twist selo's w/o drum
3) Lay a AE dot on
4) circle wide out
5) circle in closer

I pull with single DOT song, but at lower levels with Below. I don't bother using any DD/Single DOT during the kite because I keep reapplying the AE DOT (level 18 that is, I almost don't use the level 2, risk would become > rewards :P).

A several (many ?) mobs will be resisting your AE DOT, just reapply to keep everyone DOTed at any time. They will eventually go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevron
Playing Euro time can be handy at times. When logging in the morning/early afternoon, you can take half OT (which should be somewhere between 70 and 90 mobs) and no one will start crying in /OOC. Otherwise, when others bards are pulling that many mobs on peak hours or zone's overcrowded, I just go do something else.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...09&postcount=8

Not definitive, but it provides a few ideas. I've also heard SK is good for most of the 20s (KFC and then moving to gnolls).
Old 04-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

And just to clarify....
1) twist selo's w/o drum
3) Lay a AE dot on
4) circle wide out
5) circle in closer

I did gorge hounds in EK an loved it. Was the last time I really ae kited as SK was way too overpopulated for my blood.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Hmotzart,

Nevron 14 enchanter
I've run into some conflicts in SK while AoE kiting in my 20's but nothing severe. I don't think definite rules should be made here. Then again, as Uthgaard has pointed out in system-wide messages, P1999 isn't good at resolving their own conflicts.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

Ok, I know this SS doesn't show all the corpses. Over half despawned while I was still kiting. I don't know how many there were, what I do know is i started pulling mobs at 63% into 33. I ended my kite at 43% into 34. You do the math.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000002.jpg (94.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

This one was just a warmup:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

More than 40 mobs in this one:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Note that neither of these were very conventional aoe kites (I used Selo's Assonant Strane while she did the damage)
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread