Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you must have missed this part:

put that in your pipe and smoke it
Perhaps you should explain your own position on this and why you make an exception in this case rather than just repost the same picture you posted 8 minutes prior.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 07:48 PM..
Old 11-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, why did you edit the picture to take out the words that indicate that his stance on this issue is not perfectly clear?

Here is the original:

The magic of Google means you probably shouldn't try to selectively edit an image to only support your argument. Fucking owned.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Banned

Old 11-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I know it's hard but read the words
He doesn't say a thing about GMO labeling. He talks about gluten labeling, which is a related issue, but not precisely the same. This why the website where you pulled this image from made the judgment that he's not clearly pro or con on the GMO labeling issue. I don't even care if you admit that you're an idiot who tried to pass off an edited image. All I want is a reasonable argument on why you believe the market is inferior to the government when it comes to the issue of food labeling. And please, try to use logic and reason, if you can.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Banned

orruar are you fucking retarded? they say the same thing
Old 11-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Banned

Old 11-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
here let me help you sound it out...."knowing what we are eating is not a matter of preference or convenience; rather, it is an issue of basic safety"-Gary Johnson

See, I actually watched the debate between Johnson and Stein, so next time you accuse someone of not knowing how someone stands on an issue you might want to know yourself first.

Public safety is a legitimate government function.
You are still avoiding the question, for like the 18th post in a row. What about food labeling makes the free market function worse than government in this specific case? "Public safety" is an overly generic term that could refer to just about anything. Be specific.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
orruar are you fucking retarded? they say the same thing
Procon.org itself says that he is not clearly pro or con on this issue. There is a difference between a food product that is dangerous to a certain group of people due to disease, and one that may be dangerous to everyone as a whole. It may not be likely that one would hold opposing views on labeling laws in these two cases, but I'd rather not read too much into this, especially considering it goes against everything else the man believes. And trust me, I'll ask him to clarify on this issue the next chance I get.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Also, check out this gem:

Guess you can add that to the broken promises list.
Closed Thread