Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 12:01 PM
Large Rat

Question Help with lvl 15 Barbarian Shaman

Hey my wife and i stopped playing about 6 years ago and just started on P99 we are doing good she has a 15 Ranger and i have a 15 Shaman. Just need advice on the best place to farm plat as at 14 i got a weapon and spells and have like 12 plat left over. Any advice for a wood elf ranger and a barbarian shaman would be great...Thanks
Old 05-19-2017, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Upper guk has tonnes of gems drops, some worth a couple of platinum. You don't even have to trash your frog faction; if you turn right at the zone in you find some spiders full of spiders which also drop gems. Just don't go into the first spider room on the right, a large / giant spider can spawn there who is much more powerful than the others.

The zone in to Permafrost is close to your level, a lot of high quality ore drops there.
Last edited by Jimjam; 05-19-2017 at 12:57 PM..
Old 05-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Upper guk has tonnes of gems drops, some worth a couple of platinum. You don't even have to trash your frog faction; if you turn right at the zone in you find some spiders full of spiders which also drop gems. Just don't go into the first spider room on the right, a large / giant spider can spawn there who is much more powerful than the others.

The zone in to Permafrost is close to your level, a lot of high quality ore drops there.
after bandits go to runny eye, get geared in blackend iron and then do what the above poster says, head to perma and try to get some magical items!

this is some classic stuff hnnngggg
Old 05-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

First off, my advice (as a level 60 Barbarian Shaman) is to not worry about earning plat at all for your Shaman. The plat you earn just from leveling should be more than enough to cover your spells, and the gear you earn leveling should be all you need. We Shaman are powerful with or without gear, and we really don't need the extra few points of HP/Mana that you'd get from better gear. Plus, if you start saving your plat (except what you spend on spells) now, there's a good chance you'll have enough to buy a JBB when you hit 45.

Your wife's ranger is a different story. If you group with others then all she'll need is a decent melee weapon and a haste item, but if the two of you are duoing then she'll also want some AC to help her tank.

In spite of this I'd still recommend that you try to spend as little time as possible farming plat: just get her the bare minimum gear you need to be able to level together, and then forget about plat and get back to leveling. Why? If you farm plat at your level you'll be getting tens of plat per hour. But if you can get your characters to a higher level you'll be able to get hundreds of plat per hour (or even potentially 1k+/hour at 50+). In other words, farming plat at low levels is super inefficient, but farming XP (ie. leveling) with the bare minimum gear is only slightly less efficient than leveling with great gear.

So, with all that out of the way ... check out the wiki's "Treasure Hunting Guide", which I have a link to in my signature. It's filled with ideas of places/ways to make plat for characters of all levels. Assuming you're both in the Qeynos area and have magic weapons then the best place to head is probably Erud's Crossing (and if not your Shaman can get one easily with the Initiate Symbol of the Tribunal quest). There are wisps there you can hunt for lightstones (greater or normal), which you can turn in to the gypsies in North Karana for plat and XP. Also there's a madman in Erud's Crossing who you should be able to duo, and the earrings that the "named" version of him drops can sell for a decent amount.

Also you could do Pyjn in Qeynos Hills, but she's a bit of a hassle: it will likely take you quite awhile to get her Glowing Black Stone, and even once you do you'll likely have to travel all the way to East Commonlands to sell it. One final thought is Permafrost: you should be able to take on the goblins closer to the zone-in, and they can potentially drop HQ ore which (while heavy) sells for a good amount. I've never actually tried this with characters of your level before though, so I'm not sure how much plat you'll get (if you try it and it works well please consider adding it to the Treasure Hunting Guide; it's a wiki!)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-19-2017 at 01:30 PM..
Old 05-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Large Rat

WOW thanks for the help..We had started on p99 to decide what we wanted to play on the next server. But we have run into so many great people we are going to stay on this server, it reminds me of when i first start eq a long time ago when players helped each other....Thanks again
Old 05-19-2017, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Glad I could help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And yeah this server is full of great people.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:17 AM
Banned

i find if you want to make some real, classic, starter plat for that level, west karanas bandits are great, collect the sashes and turn them in for bronze weps to sell at the pally guild ikn qeynos.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

Oh and at your level there is a decent club you could both acquire.

Find a wizard of druid that is level 40+. Ask for a 'double ejac'. This will take you to the Field of Bone zoneline in Emerald jungle. From there head to the gateway to kaesora and at this gateway (don't go inside the walls!!) bind affinity at Dash Pendlesinger.

Now visit kurns tower. Go into the basement and find the spawn for the thick boned skeleton / undead jester. You will loot a tone of fine steel weapons, but what you want are a pair of iksar berserker clubs. These are great ratio weapons for the level, and when you find something better for sale you can also sell them for a pretty decent amount of newbie plat. This camp will make you great xp, great plat from fine steel and give you decent weapons for the teen levels!

They also look awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2017, 10:49 PM
Orc

I will presume you are in the Qeynos area. If you want easy plat then kill bandits in West Karana (sash quest) and rabid bears / wolves (Qeynos cleric quest). Look it up on the wiki. Good XP around 15 and turn ins give good plat.

Or just keep leveling and the plat will come...
Old 05-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Archie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rabid bears / wolves (Qeynos cleric quest)
The best part about this is that the bears and wolves ALWAYS drop pelts, whereas the bandits don't always drop sashes. The bandits are still nice, of course, but given that you have a ranger, always keep an eye on track for the rabid bears and wolves, because those turn-ins are quite lucrative at that level in terms of both plat and exp. The pelts are heavy, though, so if you run across a mage, see if they would be willing to summon some weight reduction bags to offset the pelt weight. Just be sure not to leave anything in the bags when you log, because they are temporary and will poof after a time.
Closed Thread