Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Default too many tanks?

I always played a tank on live, and I loved it, tanking is my one true eq passion and I NEVER had a problem finding groups as tank, everyone always needed a tank.

here on P99 in most of the popular go to zones i always see tanks sitting LFG , a lot of pallys and SKs just sitting around , also i notice a lot of guilds are chalk full o tanks as well.

would you say there are too many tanks on this server ?
Old 05-26-2017, 06:36 PM
Kobold

At the 1-30 level range I have not seen many tanks at all. Maybe they all get leveled fast or something.

I am pretty new to the server so my highest character is only 30 so I probably don't know what I am talking about
Old 05-26-2017, 08:06 PM
Banned

I have a little theory about Everquest.

The minuet you want to play a class/race combo, you'll notice suddenly there are alreayd a lot of them, even though for the last 2 years you've sat around wondering why you never notice any human warriors.

So just pick what you want and block all the haters.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

depends on the day and zone but there are definitely a lot of people on P99 who are aware of the constant MMO need for tanks/healers, so don't be surprised if there's a ton of tanks lfg

on the upside, if you play a warrior, you can do amazing dps while berserk as long as you trust the healer
Old 05-27-2017, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Does anyone else find monks, bards and even rangers more desirable as group tanks than the other options?

With 2 years of Velious I've found the gearflation has reached a point where any melee class has a decent shot of tanking any xp content (up to 60!) if they haven't completely neglected their defences.

This is reinforced by the fact that very few 50+ shamans are wearing ringmail pants ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) these days, so pulling aggro with an early slow on difficult xp names like fungus king is hardly the end of the world.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Banned

Monk is always great to have in a group, the other two not so much unless you are a very powerful group of very powerful people, then ad a bard.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:23 PM
Banned

Too many tanks til they ain't
Old 06-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Groups only need 1 tank, where as they need 4 dps. A group with 5 monks and healer is perfectly feasible whereas no group wants more than 1 SK/Pal. Warriors are kinda exceptions to the rule because they can dps.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a little theory about Everquest.

The minuet you want to play a class/race combo, you'll notice suddenly there are alreayd a lot of them, even though for the last 2 years you've sat around wondering why you never notice any human warriors.

So just pick what you want and block all the haters.
this goes for any mmo really
Old 06-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priceline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this goes for any mmo really
Rift handled it really well.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread