Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Agnarr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Kobold

I will not be 2boxing, but I am debating between playing a halfling cleric or a troll SK. I main a cleric here, but I suspect everyone will be running around with CH bots so clerics won't be needed. Plus I have SK alt that I have enjoyed playing here and the troll regen will help with down time.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempoguy80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will not be 2boxing, but I am debating between playing a halfling cleric or a troll SK. I main a cleric here, but I suspect everyone will be running around with CH bots so clerics won't be needed. Plus I have SK alt that I have enjoyed playing here and the troll regen will help with down time.
Theres a chance they wont fix the epic bottleneck for the SK epic if that helps you decide. In all the past TLP, SKs have apparently had hell getting their epics (along with Enchanters). Personally, I decided I would much rather play an Iksar SK than a Troll. So I'm going Druid like I did when I was a kid, to do it right this time. But I may switch to SK myself...you have until eve of Luclin to decide what class you want to play in PoP.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...agnarr.240247/
Last edited by JurisDictum; 05-17-2017 at 08:46 PM..
Old 05-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastagoog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You want Gay?
Reality hits you hard bro.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-18-2017, 09:07 AM
Banned

I really like the idea of the Agnaar server but its going to be sh!t with instancing. Everyone will have their top tier raid loot so quickly there will be no incentive to keep playing. Only reason P99 is still around is because items have value due to dragons being highly contested. I will probably give it a whirl...I wish they would release Beastmaster at launch =(
Old 05-18-2017, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really like the idea of the Agnaar server but its going to be sh!t with instancing. Everyone will have their top tier raid loot so quickly there will be no incentive to keep playing. Only reason P99 is still around is because items have value due to dragons being highly contested. I will probably give it a whirl...I wish they would release Beastmaster at launch =(
I've been trying to understand who Agnarr appeals to. Best I can come up with is for people who want to do VT/PoP before Pantheon without that late comer feeling that Phinny had where all the loot councils were already formed and every back door plan was already in place pre kunark.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been trying to understand who Agnarr appeals to. Best I can come up with is for people who want to do VT/PoP before Pantheon without that late comer feeling that Phinny had where all the loot councils were already formed and every back door plan was already in place pre kunark.
I think it appeals to people who want to 'beat' the game. I know one of the appeals of EQ is that you can play it for years and lord over the 'casuals', but being on a fast track server knowing you will get like a year of play time out of it is not necessarily a waste if you treat it like a single player MMO where when you gear out and beat all the bosses a few times you can just hang your hat up and come back every now and then.

Honestly I don't even like raiding on P99 I just like leveling alts - This server might be fun for that.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Default On the unclassicness of Agnarr

Kinda got excited this morning about the idea of trying Agnarr. I have a buddy who likes EQ but tends to get turned off by the hardcore-ness and lack of convenience of P99, but who might stick with Agnarr longer. I would like AAs (I dislike the mechanic of level and gear being the only things that contribute to character power). I wouldn't mind seeing all the Luclin and PoP zones I didn't get familiar with back in the day.

But then I read the Agnarr FAQ. LoY and LDON too? Respawning with items after a death? Augmentations to balance melee vs caster in the classic expansions of Agnarr's lifespan? Instances of non-raid zones when the population is high? New layout in like a dozen classic zones? Countless changes to items and NPCs and quests that aren't era-appropriate even for the LOY and LDON eras? No weight coins?

Even if I were a junkie for Luclin and PoP, that is a pretty huge list of things that will make the game feel even less like the Luclin and PoP era than P99 feels like classic, even ignoring all the mechanic wonkiness that will exist from them not putting enough/any effort into revisiting behind-the-scenes coding of modern EQ compared to <2005 EQ.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 05-18-2017 at 02:14 PM..
Old 05-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Pay to play? Not in 2017.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pay to play? Not in 2017.
Shit. Yeah. Then there's that.
Closed Thread