Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 02:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastagoog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dayum that's dedication to gaming.

Those boys need 2 get their dicks wet.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i remember getting so pumped for eq progression server and then these people killing naggy like overnight, they posted all their gear and it was like one group of geared toons and a bunch of nakeds
/puke

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-20-2017, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i remember getting so pumped for eq progression server and then these people killing naggy like overnight, they posted all their gear and it was like one group of geared toons and a bunch of nakeds
Does anyone (other than them and a few people) really remember that achievement? Not something you can really brag about and if you can, who really gives a shit? GJ loser, now go and level up in a gym for a real achievement.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone (other than them and a few people) really remember that achievement? Not something you can really brag about and if you can, who really gives a shit? GJ loser, now go and level up in a gym for a real achievement.
You make a lot of sharp posts, but this one had some real bite on it lol

Some of these folks could do with leveling up their hair-cut, forget a gym m8

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-20-2017, 09:00 AM
Kobold

It's not intended to be "classic" in the way P99 approaches it. P99 does "classic"(just call it golden age EQ cuz its actually not classic!) better than any server out there. There's no disputing it. The problem lies at endgame. Its fucking testicular cancer. Why anyone would get a taste of it, and choose to stay there when there are better options for your EQ fix, i will never know. So thats where phin/agnarr come in. IMO they are adding the old models and whatnot just for that extra nostalgia kick. The game mechanics are completely different and are not intended to be classic in any way. Raiding is the big draw for me. Are you an adult with shit to do and can only raid on a schedule? You will like agnarr/phin if yes. QoL improvements are too numerous to name, but lets just say its less annoying to do shit in this version of EQ. I remember a point in P99's life where maps were enabled in the newb zones. I see why they removed them, but its just an example. Also, you cannot just spawn your own instance of any zone you want and just farm whatever. Once a zone reaches its threshold, another instance pops open, and you are able to /pickzone to it. I think the number is 40-45 or something? Thats assuming the zone you want is able to be instanced, which not all are. They also changed how this works recently so you cant just lock down a pick and farm shit.
Last edited by heyokah; 05-20-2017 at 09:04 AM..
Old 05-20-2017, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol classic mechanics. You are either seriously deluded or have no idea what classic was like. There is literally nothing 'classic experience' about Agnarr. Nothing.
Well, there are salty neckbeards who make it their lifes mission to ruin the experience for everyone else.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

hi

I'm going to play everquest on the agnarr everquest server

thx u!
Old 05-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

https://assets-cdn.daybreakgames.com.../863.jpg?v=1.0

Advanced loot window. WTF is going on with this POS?
Old 05-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

so what classes are going to be good / shit? I have no idea what effects all the changes will have

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 05-20-2017, 06:55 PM
Kobold

It is really pretty simple once you look at it... You have the "Loot" button first, then the "Leave button" these are your one off choices similar to the original loot window of just loot it or leave it on the corpse. Then you have check boxes for "Always need" and "always greed" for any group set up for a rolling loot option. Then you have "Never" which is your never loot this button. That means that from now on when you loot a corpse this item won't even show up in the loot window because you are now ignoring it completely as if it wasn't there. Pretty simple concept.
Closed Thread