Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only see one person that ever addresses this question, that's Llandris. If it were not for him, we'd constantly be in conspiracy mode, debating and theorizing this topic.

I too wish they'd sticky it, so we could just refer people to this point of what is in store for the future for P99.
nilbog answered it too. this what he say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete.Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are options which haven't been fully discussed. One option is as you said, once the new server reached the end of Velious, merge those characters back into the original existing p99 servers. At that point, start a new one. i.e. Recycle
Old 05-26-2017, 06:03 PM
Banned

I admire your dedication shokar
Old 05-27-2017, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Sell your manastones before the crash is real.
I got a buy price lvl @ 150k currently. Will lower to 100k once recycle99 is out in a year.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agnarr comes out in a couple hours if you want a clean server...
Agnarr says it it true box but ppl are boxxing like crazy on that server already, even streamers are boxxing so if you don't mind seeing 1 person lock down a camp with all their alts then Agnarr might work for ya.
Closed Thread