Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Sarnak

Default Race Penalties

Just for clarification: Class penalties have been removed, but race xp penalties remain?
Old 09-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just for clarification: Class penalties have been removed, but race xp penalties remain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some classes had xp penalties (monk 20%, paladin 40%, etc) while others had bonus's (warrior +10% rogue +9%). In addition some races have penalties (iksar/troll 20%) while halflings have a bonus (+5%). In a group these penalties and bonus's were shared.

So if two people were grouped and killed a mob worth 100 xp, it would divide it up based on those things. For characters with no bonus or penalty it would be an even 50:50 split. But lets say one character had a 50% penalty, they'd get 75 points of the xp while the other player would get 25 points of the xp. Visually they would level at the same rate since the character with the penalty needs more xp for the same level.

Now all class penalties are gone. And racial bonus's and penalties aren't shared anymore. So halfling warriors are going to level even faster!
Going a page back would have answered your question.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sorry to bother you. My boyfriend and I have played project 1999 in the past but its been a bit. We tried playing just recently and we do not have the latest patch. Were pretty technically inclined (well at lease I am lol) but I cant figure out how to install the latest patch after hours of trying to figure it out. So, you are our last hope. When we go to the character screen it says our spells are out of date. So I went and extracted the V40 patch and saved it all in one file on my desktop. I read the entire section about patching in the getting started section. "These files must overwrite any existing files encountered during extraction into your Titanium directory" ... I guess I don't know where my titanium directory is to start this process. I tried just opening the files and placing in the Rescorce file and the spell file, but I guess that wont overwrite anything. So now I am stuck . Please point me in the right direction so I can correctly add the patch and start playing the game again. Thank you for what you do and all of your hard work. Thanks again, Danielle and Ian
Old 09-23-2015, 07:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddsstryker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry to bother you. My boyfriend and I have played project 1999 in the past but its been a bit. We tried playing just recently and we do not have the latest patch. Were pretty technically inclined (well at lease I am lol) but I cant figure out how to install the latest patch after hours of trying to figure it out. So, you are our last hope. When we go to the character screen it says our spells are out of date. So I went and extracted the V40 patch and saved it all in one file on my desktop. I read the entire section about patching in the getting started section. "These files must overwrite any existing files encountered during extraction into your Titanium directory" ... I guess I don't know where my titanium directory is to start this process. I tried just opening the files and placing in the Rescorce file and the spell file, but I guess that wont overwrite anything. So now I am stuck . Please point me in the right direction so I can correctly add the patch and start playing the game again. Thank you for what you do and all of your hard work. Thanks again, Danielle and Ian
If you don't know where you installed EQ, check the properties on the shortcut you click on to play Everquest, it should have the folder location there. That is the folder you need to extract the patch into.

Or you could search your hard drive for the file "eqgame.exe" using file explorer and whichever folder contains that file, that is the folder you need to extract the patch into.

HTH.

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 09-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going a page back would have answered your question.
Not really. No.

Quote:
Now all class penalties are gone. And racial bonus's and penalties aren't shared anymore. So halfling warriors are going to level even faster!
This would imply, by virtue of not being shared in groups, that race penalties still exist. Asking for confirmation that race penalties still exist, not if they are shared.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like LoH is still only healing based on the sub 40 formula. Hopefully this gets updated soon.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 09-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really. No.

This would imply, by virtue of not being shared in groups, that race penalties still exist. Asking for confirmation that race penalties still exist, not if they are shared.
Race penalties still exist.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddsstryker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you did not change the folder name of where EQ Titanium was to be installed then look for Sony folder and the everquest folder should be inside there.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not really. No.

You can't figure it out based on that post? RIP in peace.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like LoH is still only healing based on the sub 40 formula. Hopefully this gets updated soon.
Any update on this?
Closed Thread