Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 05:29 PM
Banned

Yeah, I'm reading all sorts of things. I don't know what to take at face value.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some real good nerd drama recently on elysium

i'm pretty shocked to find out the staff of a free server was making rl dollars from it
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] lmao

The other major WoW emu was also running the fake Chineese farmers operations and supplying them directly. Swish called it.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 02-28-2017, 01:37 AM
Banned

oh dear now it appears the nost/elysium core got leaked

fun times!!
Old 02-28-2017, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] lmao

The other major WoW emu was also running the fake Chineese farmers operations and supplying them directly. Swish called it.
It's the perfect cover really - I'm not surprised. Did Blizzard know this all along?
Old 02-28-2017, 03:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the perfect cover really - I'm not surprised. Did Blizzard know this all along?
A former GM of Nostalrius (Cantrip) confirmed that several server staff members were involved in dealing with the Chinese gold selling site owners, which was the major reason why they shut down after a single C&D letter from Blizzard. The door was completely open for Blizz to launch a financial investigation for all of the server staff members, and that was something that a few of them wanted to avoid at all costs.

What recently happened over at Elysium/Valkyrie doesn't surprise me at all. The thing that folks have to remember is that the original Valkyrie project had RMT available from the project itself - you could purchase both leveled characters and gold that were created out of thin air by the staff on their website. When Valkyrie decided to make their move in adopting the Nostalrius character database with the plan to entice old Nostalrius players to head over to their new server, all of the original Valkyrie website was shitcanned and a new site was presented.

The idea that the server project itself was willing to include RMT as part of the game was something they knew the old Nostalrius players wouldn't accept - it was a major sticking point for people rolling on Kronos. Why on earth Vitaly made an agreement with the Chinese is beyond me, unless they made him a very good deal while holding back a threat of insanely thick DDoS strikes.

This last part is simply conjecture though. It's the earlier parts that were confirmed from those watching it go down when it happened.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quite eye opening really. I think its a level 10 requirement to talk in public channels on Elysium (you know, because of the "gold sellers") but these bots just send whispers instead so it doesn't work.

I think I'm done with emulated Warcraft, seems nobody can run a straight up server without some kind of shitness at the top of it. Dare I say I want Blizzard to release a classic era Warcraft server in the hope that they'll do it properly? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2017, 05:46 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofuntime69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-01-2017, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Anyone remember 2007?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeUhSjuhQYE
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Haha yeah, later that year came a classic (for the time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmyoDP3NuRw
Old 03-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Banned

server offline due to a $2000 chargeback by some guild

others think this is an excuse for one last payday cashgrab

dem ruskies is some slippery folk
Closed Thread