Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 06:19 PM
Large Rat

Do you ever help lowbie wizards lvl? Especially newcomer
Old 02-21-2017, 09:03 PM
Banned

Do not use Dial A Port. They talk shit about you as they port you around if you don't have a 30p+ tip. They think it makes them important that they spend hours doing the bidding of other people for pocket change.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Shout out to DAP, and my favorite porter Asmodean! Woot, u guys rock

Question: is it profitable or worth it for you guys to setup shop/bind at hammerhill? I know not everyone hammers or can invis , but gee, would be awesome if that were the norm. Maybe fewer ports but higher lvl toons/tips no?
Old 02-24-2017, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowmercy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shout out to DAP, and my favorite porter Asmodean! Woot, u guys rock

Question: is it profitable or worth it for you guys to setup shop/bind at hammerhill? I know not everyone hammers or can invis , but gee, would be awesome if that were the norm. Maybe fewer ports but higher lvl toons/tips no?
We try. And I can bring it up at the next guild meeeting and see how everyone feels. We post up at the ZL out of sheer convience.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We try. And I can bring it up at the next guild meeeting and see how everyone feels. We post up at the ZL out of sheer convience.
niiice. yeah just feel like that should be the hub/norm. theres always higher lvl toons hanging out there. if youve ever afk'd right on the boat hammer spot, u see people popping in constantly. If a wiz was chilling there w DAP tag up, people would be delighted, tip higher, and that wiz would be an absolute banking hero.

people that dont have a hammer in OT in need of ports are likely xp'n, and wont constantly need ports. just broadcast "@ hammerhill" in ur msg w/ maybe a tip how to get there "invis, hug left, hug left again past foreman."

only issue I see is lower lvls agroing foreman, as your just outside of his range when hugging left outpost wall to get to the hill. also not being near a ZL to zone agro mistakes. this is probly why ramp has been the norm. lower lvls/people that have issues getting to HH wouldnt likely tip very much anyway. and there will always be porters at ramp.

my suggestion is an upscale HH service. hell, even ask for a minimum donation/tip, the time saved is totally worth it. would be like a limousine in a sea of lvl 30 droodz (sooty shity new york taxis)
Old 02-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

LOL Ill pitch it just like that.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-24-2017, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

yeah you know all know what im talkin about.

sooty faded yellow taxi smelling of puke with multi color gum stuck everywhere. sun-faded virgin mary beads/misc religious items swinging and clanging from a duck taped cracked rear view mirror. used baby diapers and condoms lazily kicked and crammed under the water/pee logged mildewing floormats. long since ripped/blown speakers buzzing static and what sounds like tejano music fuzzing in and out of a foreign talkshow prayer mosque. you cant tell if your driver is chanting, singing, or cursing at the traphic/radio as he mumbles incoherently in multiple languages into 4 different blue tooth devices on his ear, angrily spitting sunflower seeds out the window. a busted/laggy credit card reader glitches and pixelates as 4 people crammed into the back seat frantically trying to pay and gtfo, holding back projectile vomit (you know when your porter doesnt move and is jammed on top of 12 other people spawned into the same loc at the WC spires).

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

VS.

Asmodean's full white glove limo service. Gentleman dressed to the nines gracefully exits and opens your limousine door, with a tophat, and a custom made cane tucked under his left arm. a firm hand clad in a polished leather drivers glove extended out for the ladys, smelling of fine sandlewood.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:19 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2017, 04:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

All in all a great service. Personally, I always feel bad if I can't tip at least 50p, and since my highest lvl toon is a lvl 36, that almost never happens, so I generally avoid getting ports altogether if I can. Though, I have to admit that more than a few times I've been grumbled at on my lower lvl toons for only giving 10 or 15p as a tip, which confuses me. Why would anyone in their right mind expect a lowbie to tip more than that? In fact, most lowbies don't even have that much, and if they're a caster, even if they do have that much, they can't afford to spend it unless they want to severely hinder their lvling process due to inability to buy spells/reagents. I guess my point is that you should be ashamed if you ask lowbies(toons lower than 20 especially) for anything more than about 5-10p as a tip. Honestly if you want more than that, then you shouldn't port lowbies at all. I understand you're sacrificing your time to do this, but that does little to justify such a thing.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

It is that time of the year. With the in rush of new players, old players, and hell even current players are looking for something new. Well DaP can solve that problem for you. Not only can you make plat, but you get to have fun while doing it. You will make new friends possibly get some awesome items depending on how much effort you put into porting.

So without further adue we are now actively recruiting members.

As always if you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me or send a tell in game.

Happy Porting.

Closed Thread