Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Orc

Default Nostalrius/Elysium

Anyone checking out the vanilla wow servers tomorrow? After coming back to P1999 I've been having so much fun, and the community is amazing. I actually really like the slow play of EQ. I only heard about the Nostalrius wow server when Blizzard sent them a C&D letter. Now after several months, they gave their game to Elysium who will be bringing it back. They will also be releasing a fresh server in January some time. I was pretty excited to hear they were coming back, since I never got to try them. However, in the search to find a decent game I stumbled across my old P1999 account, and am having a blast... decisions decisions.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
exp on nost is 1x basically all the players are unemployed or on drugs and have endless time

so it will just be a butthurt fest of socially awkward low T weirdos ( like red99 )

have fun tho
ba boom

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Banned

Just play WoW if you want to play WoW. The live version is infinitely better than vanilla. The new artifact system is pretty cool
Old 12-16-2016, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just play WoW if you want to play WoW. The live version is infinitely better than vanilla. The new artifact system is pretty cool
I think TESO might even stack bundles on vanilla WoW.

But vanilla WoW world PvP griefing, etc is pretty good.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think TESO might even stack bundles on vanilla WoW.

But vanilla WoW world PvP griefing, etc is pretty good.
TESO wasn't so super awful as peeps like to say ^^ it was just WAY too fast play for me :/

Yes, I am retarded ^^
Old 12-20-2016, 12:53 AM
Kobold

If any P99'ers on the Nost PvE server are looking for a casual, mature, leveling guild, look for <Misericordia>. Tharyn, Jaseve, Vestige can invite - just tell them you saw my post.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

We're starting an Alliance guild on the new Elysium server.

gonna be fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just play WoW if you want to play WoW. The live version is infinitely better than vanilla.
Said no self-respecting person, ever.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Said no self-respecting person, ever.
I can safely and accurately say that Legion is better than vanilla is any/every possible way. Please tell me 1 thing vanilla has that Legion doesn't (besides misplaced nostalgia). I'll even start

1) Transmog farming is fun
2) PvP is in a good place with balancing
3) World pvp is at an all time high/centralized due to World Questing. 10000x better than Tarrin Mill/South Shore
4) New raids are pretty gud
5) Quality of Life changes over the last 15 years are excellent
6) 95% of the player base is unable to clear current Mythic content (no face roll)
7) There are 4 raid difficulty levels so you can be as neckbeardy or casual as you choose. Mythic raiding is pretty ridiculous, need good guild to progress
8) NEW content is still being produced at an incredible rate - First real raid tier (Nighthold) drops mid Jan.
9) Addition of Demon Hunters and Death Knights
10) Artifact weapons!!!!
Old 12-20-2016, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I can safely and accurately say that Legion is better than vanilla is any/every possible way. Please tell me 1 thing vanilla has that Legion doesn't (besides misplaced nostalgia).
Why do you even play P99 then? You could say all the same shit about 'improvements' on EQLive. Got to be one of the back asswards posts I've seen in a long time on these forums.

I've tried Legion. It sucks. It's an extremely polished turd, but it's still a turd.
Closed Thread