Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you're both Trolls, Shaman and Thane? How far have you levelled so far?
Just played sunday night for a few hours, were lvl 10.

I think next were playing weds or thurs, you in? When/if you play, make sure to make your troll as big as possible.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just played sunday night for a few hours, were lvl 10.

I think next were playing weds or thurs, you in? When/if you play, make sure to make your troll as big as possible.
I got pulled into going with Hibernia, most of the friends who I've gamed with before are over there. Maybe we'll give Midgard a try later with alts or something.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Nothing wrong with that!
Old 01-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

re roll midgard

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
midgard is 60% of the server or more

do not make a mid
its where all the cool kids are.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

nah there no way its 60% of the server. Last time i did a /who it was 750 with 2100 online.

Looks pretty damn even to me so far
Old 01-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

If you were thinking of playing this server, I think that its more important to worry about your choice of realms culture then population.

Vikings are going to be surrounded by huts and dark forests, where elfs will be surrounded by more lush forests and villages.

I guess you could ask yourself, when you make a character on any game, do you make a big ass ogre thats dark and evil? or a fast moving elf archer? or a human warrior?
Old 01-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were thinking of playing this server, I think that its more important to worry about your choice of realms culture then population.

Vikings are going to be surrounded by huts and dark forests, where elfs will be surrounded by more lush forests and villages.

I guess you could ask yourself, when you make a character on any game, do you make a big ass ogre thats dark and evil? or a fast moving elf archer? or a human warrior?
That's a good point, another one is to consider: Midgard is primarily a melee-oriented realm, Hibernia is primarily a caster-oriented realm, and Albion is in-between somewhere.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 01-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

On hibernia do you find tanks are hard to find? or are there lots knowing that you need tanks to group? or does hibernia have casters that can use pets to replace tanks? I dont know hibernia at all.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
On hibernia do you find tanks are hard to find? or are there lots knowing that you need tanks to group? or does hibernia have casters that can use pets to replace tanks? I dont know hibernia at all.
I haven't seen that many melee base classes in the starting area, it's mostly casters and healer types, but that doesn't really mean anything. The typical group make up is often the same between all 3 realms; healers tank dps and utility/cc, except in Hibernia, Bards are the primary Speed AND CC class, but are not a must in caster-oriented groups. In Hibernia, the prevalence of classes which can heal is there, and also the realm has 2 classes which can give mana regen, as opposed to only 1 per realm like the other 2 realms have.
Closed Thread