Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 10:05 AM
Orc

Question <Auld Lang Syne> wants to raid?

Hello there players and raiders!

Our guild is far from being a raid guild just yet, but some of our members are approaching the magical level of 52. The question was raised a couple times in the guild if it would be an option for us to fight Lady Vox or Nagafen on this server.

I have no clue whether these are high priority targets, with everyone racing to them to grab their most valuable loot, or there are maybe open raids advertised on these targets where maybe a couple of us can fit in? What is the situation about Vox and Naggy these days?

My question is mostly targeted to players of the raiding scene of course, but any information is welcome.

Thank you!

Scaleway - Auld Lang Syne

Disclaimer: Although this is a raid question, I have no authorization to post in the raiding forums, and I am not even sure that our guild would fit there with the big raiding guilds anyhow, so I am asking in server chat.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Banned

Doubtful to happen on Nagafen due to Bladestopper. There is some precedent for open world Vox though. Seem to recall Omni hosted one a couple years ago.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

You could join an alliance. Some of the lower raiding guilds have a few going on.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-18-2017, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

Vox- in high demand because of white scales(only one of two mobs that drop them, the other being much more difficult and also a 7 day spawn), Rez sticks (prolly even more valuable with the new pulling tactics people will try)

Nagafen- in high demand because of bladestopper and cloak of flames.

Both mobs are a highly contested 7 day spawn with a max engage level of 52. Neither one is up for more than an hour or three after spawning, and often dropped faster than that.

That being said, I'm sure there are several smaller guilds that might ally for the kill. But it is very difficult to schedule it due to the window variance, so it is most often bat phoned and people log in for the kill. Not sure if that is your guilds style.

However, if it were up to me, I'd back off and let you guys at em one of these weekends because you asked nice, and they are some of the "title" fights in my opinion and everyone should get to experience them at least once.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vox- in high demand because of white scales(only one of two mobs that drop them, the other being much more difficult and also a 7 day spawn), Rez sticks (prolly even more valuable with the new pulling tactics people will try)

Nagafen- in high demand because of bladestopper and cloak of flames.

Both mobs are a highly contested 7 day spawn with a max engage level of 52. Neither one is up for more than an hour or three after spawning, and often dropped faster than that.

That being said, I'm sure there are several smaller guilds that might ally for the kill. But it is very difficult to schedule it due to the window variance, so it is most often bat phoned and people log in for the kill. Not sure if that is your guilds style.

However, if it were up to me, I'd back off and let you guys at em one of these weekends because you asked nice, and they are some of the "title" fights in my opinion and everyone should get to experience them at least once.
In other words, good luck getting a chance to experience some of the encounters that you are the appropriate level for thanks to highly geared deleveled 52s that are parked by the servers most "competitive" guilds for instakills via batphones.

These batphones send out the signal, and within 1-5 mins a small force of these "competitive" players will have logged in and killed the 52 lvl raid mobs you probably need for epics or other items you could never afford to buy yourself.

What's important to them is they get their 1000th bladestopper and 1000th COF though, they needs them pixels to be competitive, you know.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

I dont think its impossible for your guild to kill naggy/vox once. Youll never kill them a second time but I think with some planning and diplomacy you could make this happen one time.
Last edited by Expediency; 02-18-2017 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: .
Old 02-18-2017, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Remember when people were saying "Velious release will fix the raid scene?"

Huehuehue

Two years later and even Naggy/Vox are still permacamped by the "top tier" guilds! Time for the staff to take some kind of action here -- be it a reduction of variance, faster respawns, some kinda rotation, etc -- I'm not sure.

But people shouldn't be getting cockblocked trying to do something like getting their epic 7+ years after Kunark first opened...and no, I certainly don't consider paying 250-500k for an epic MQ any type of solution. Nobody wants to farm plat/items for hundreds of hours just to compete their epic quest.

No! They wanna QUEST for their EPIC!
Last edited by Metalopolis; 02-18-2017 at 01:49 PM..
Old 02-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalopolis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Huehuehue

Two years later and even Naggy/Vox are still permacamped by the "top tier" guilds! Time for the staff to take some kind of action here -- be it a reduction of variance, faster respawns, some kinda rotation, etc -- I'm not sure.

But people shouldn't be getting cockblocked trying to do something like getting their epic 7+ years after Kunark first opened.
The staff can't fix greedy neckbeards.

***but they might let you do it once. Sad.
Last edited by Lhancelot; 02-18-2017 at 01:54 PM..
Old 02-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Kobold

Yeah, sorry bud. I really appreciate what you guys have been doing with going totally old school, etc...but this server is toxic and there's no chance. Like the AG member said...maybe, just maybe, they'll let you do it ONCE.

Sucks. I'm sorry things are the way they are. I wish they were different.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalopolis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Huehuehue

But people shouldn't be getting cockblocked trying to do something like getting their epic 7+ years after Kunark first opened...and no, I certainly don't consider paying 250-500k for an epic MQ any type of solution. Nobody wants to farm plat/items for hundreds of hours just to compete their epic quest.

No! They wanna QUEST for their EPIC!
QFT
Closed Thread