Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 10:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalopolis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember when people were saying "Velious release will fix the raid scene?"

Huehuehue

Two years later and even Naggy/Vox are still permacamped by the "top tier" guilds! Time for the staff to take some kind of action here -- be it a reduction of variance, faster respawns, some kinda rotation, etc -- I'm not sure.

But people shouldn't be getting cockblocked trying to do something like getting their epic 7+ years after Kunark first opened...and no, I certainly don't consider paying 250-500k for an epic MQ any type of solution. Nobody wants to farm plat/items for hundreds of hours just to compete their epic quest.

No! They wanna QUEST for their EPIC!
I know nothing about the raid scene here. How do the top tier guilds camp Vox and Naggy if players who are 51+ are immediately summoned out of the zone by both dragons?

Can you explain how they do this?

Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2017, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know nothing about the raid scene here. How do the top tier guilds camp Vox and Naggy if players who are 51+ are immediately summoned out of the zone by both dragons?

Can you explain how they do this?

Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The level limit is 52, so players 53+ are summoned away.

And they do it by having a few chars naturally at that level + an army of alts they level to 52 then park forever at either sol b or permafrost, depending on target.

If you are really a baller you either MQ a set of velious armor or you delevel a char that already has it to really drain the last bit of fun out of the encounter.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

You could try this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could start out by finding who has been killing them and ask the said guilds to give you 12 hours or something on one spawn if you have proper connects.
Or this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could join an alliance. Some of the lower raiding guilds have a few going on.
Maybe this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...with some planning and diplomacy you could make this happen one time.
OR this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if you approach the right people, properly, you definitely have a chance at scheduling a day for your guild to kill both. You just need to be nice, and try to work it out so that no one is upset.

Off the top of my head you will need to talk with representatives of the following: Azure Guard, Omni, Europa, Infernus, Anonymous, Rustle, Awakened, Aftermath, Paradigm Shift, Veloci Shift, and possibly more. But I know these guilds regularly try for both naggy and Vox.

As you can see it's really simple and easy to have a positive attitude about it all, I mean the worst thing you can do is approach this with any sort of negativity.

If the above quotes and other responses in this thread are clear about one thing, it's that there is no clear answer as to how you will manage to get to raid any of these heavily farmed mobs, except by the given graces of the omnipotent neckbeards themselves who hold a tight grasp on the leashes of all dragon pixels of p99.

Best of luck to you guys. I mean that.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the above quotes and other responses in this thread are clear about one thing, it's that there is no clear answer as to how you will manage to get to raid any of these heavily farmed mobs, except by the given graces of the omnipotent neckbeards themselves who hold a tight grasp on the leashes of all dragon pixels of p99.

Best of luck to you guys. I mean that.
The guy asked a legit question. Do you expect us to give him a blueprint or hold his hand? We've been a lot more helpful than you have been. Only one naggy per week spawns and literally every guild that can field a force wants a shot at him. Its a scarce resource. Get out of here and quit trolling.
Last edited by Expediency; 02-18-2017 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: .
Old 02-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Whether you work a deal out or not, you're not killing anything if you're not tracking it, cuz nobody's gonna do it for you.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The level limit is 52, so players 53+ are summoned away.

And they do it by having a few chars naturally at that level + an army of alts they level to 52 then park forever at either sol b or permafrost, depending on target.

If you are really a baller you either MQ a set of velious armor or you delevel a char that already has it to really drain the last bit of fun out of the encounter.
Thank you for your answer. This explains almost everything except "why" they do this. I can only assume it is to control the market for epic quest items that drop from both these dragons.

Would this be an accurate assessment?

Forgive me for sharing my personal opinion but I just don't understand why the staff has allowed essentially a cartel of guilds to control many of the spawns on the server. I played EQ back when it first came out up until WoW came out. Sure there was some healthy competition for some raid targets but I did not recall the the high level of toxicity and monopolization of spawns that we see today here on P1999.

Currently I solo and occasionally group (when I can find a group) but after learning about the P1999 raid scene I would never subject myself to be part of broken and dysfunctional "endgame" where people must pay hundreds of thousands of platinum just to get epic quest items from bosses and purchase certain must have spells (Torpor).

P1999 may look like classic EQ but it sure doesn't feel like it when you hit the low 50's and want to progress your character. I hope the staff does something about this.

It seems the only time I see happy players on P1999 is when the top guilds get suspended. I have a few friends who raid in lesser guilds so I hear from them and they are jubilant when this happens. It's like the munch-kins in the Wizard of Oz singing "Ding, dong the witch is dead" and everyone cheering. Perhaps the staff should take a cue from this and transfer these top guilds to their own penal colony server where they can fight it out with each other and leave the rest of us to have fun.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:44 AM
Orc

Thumbs up Great responses!

Hey guys, thank you for all the information, this thread is pure gold!

We will continue along the line of your suggestions, and we will see how it goes. Luckily this is not such an urgent things for us, we still have time to organize because:

1 - We are simply not there yet. Although some of us are approaching the level barrier, we can't provide a raid group to take any of these raid targets down on our own. As we never had (and never will have) any pressure on our members to level, it will take us several weeks to get there, if we get there at all.

2 - We really don't want to stir the pot, our guild's main focus was never raiding, and although we would love to raid, we are aware that other guilds are focusing solely on this activity and we respect their playstyle and their struggle for raid targets. If we never get to kill these dragons, that is also cool.

You guys were really helpful all around. Big thank you to all!

Scaleway - Auld Lang Syne
Old 02-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for your answer. This explains almost everything except "why" they do this. I can only assume it is to control the market for epic quest items that drop from both these dragons.
They are making epics for guild members, nothing sinister. Theres no mafia here, perhaps a cartel of neckbeards but what would you expect?
Old 02-19-2017, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The guy asked a legit question. Do you expect us to give him a blueprint or hold his hand? We've been a lot more helpful than you have been. Only one naggy per week spawns and literally every guild that can field a force wants a shot at him. Its a scarce resource. Get out of here and quit trolling.
I don't have to paint the picture for him, the guy gets the picture and understands exactly what is going on here.

You can try to paint a rosy tinted view of this situation and use cute fluffy words to explain how he "can" and "should" approach the people responsible for this mess of a raid scene who have every lucrative raid mob on lockdown but I rather be honest about it and forthright.

It's good for the forums to have people like you and people like me, because it gives a more accurate depiction when you compile information from different perspectives instead of just one source.

Don't tell me to leave just because you find my perspective distasteful and you disagree with it. I am not trolling, I am being critical of the crap that goes on here regarding mobs such as Nagafen etc.

Just because you and your guild have a nice cute little niche in this scene and you are content with how it works doesn't mean it's a good system, it just means it's a good system for you.

ALS is a perfect example of how players are doing things as classic as possible. The present raid scene is as non-classic as it can get especially regarding the attitudes of the players versus the other players. The greed here is so thick you can cut it with a knife, and sharing anything is laughable to the ones locking down Naggy and other mobs they do not need.

To say these "raid" guilds they are doing it for their guild epics is BS too, how many auctions have you seen for MQs of epics? Oh yeah, I even see AG selling MQs of epics too. I guess the guys that you farmed those epics for no longer needed the epics right, and so you found you had to sell the MQ due to lack of bank space? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2017, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because you and your guild have a nice cute little niche in this scene and you are content with how it works doesn't mean it's a good system, it just means it's a good system for you.

ALS is a perfect example of how players are doing things as classic as possible. The present raid scene is as non-classic as it can get especially regarding the attitudes of the players versus the other players. The greed here is so thick you can cut it with a knife, and sharing anything is laughable to the ones locking down Naggy and other mobs they do not need.
You're flat out wrong. So far in just three pages of this thread, you've had members from several raid guilds say that this is possible and workable. Awakened just posted that they'd work with ALS here, which is one of the top dominos he needs to fall.

You dont seem to understand what ALS is asking or how hard it is to accomplish. There is one naggy per week and everyone wants it. ALS wants to be left alone to contest it on their terms. This isnt an easy request and it requires the agreement of a lot of different parties. Even very small casual raiding guilds will have to agree to be hands off.

Do you have any actual advice for him or are you just going to continue to be critical? We're offering a roadmap to success and you're offering nothing but negativity.