Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My 60 monk wouldn't be able to do it without some clickies. Even then it would be close.. and if frenzy had silver chitin hand wraps... I would probably get torn the fuck up.
I didn't have much trouble. I killed the pather, or rather should have killed the pather... Rooted adds in room, snare / rooted frenzy in hall and camped agro. Easy fight. Got belt first kill.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darguth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How well geared does one need to be to handle the Brownie Guards, do you think? I'd love to find a decent solo XP spot for my 55 Ranger but I am not incredibly well geared (first toon).
I think it's more a level check than gear check. Harmony one. Nullify magic x2 the other to get the DS off. Then you have to have some solid push to keep them from chain healing. A jade mace / fayguard might suffice here, but I was using the Sky haste cloak at the time w/ epic offhand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was coming here to suggest brownie guards in LFay. I coulda sworn they were 6min respawns? Kinda fuzzy.
That's the Dark Elves. Which are also great targets during down time, but the warrior is pretty tough and the cleric can ruin your day if she CHes a few times. Need a ton of push for her. I'd kill the guards and run over to Dark Elves if my health and mana were good.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-20-2017 at 05:36 PM..
Old 02-20-2017, 09:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's more a level check than gear check. Harmony one. Nullify magic x2 the other to get the DS off. Then you have to have some solid push to keep them from chain healing. A jade mace / fayguard might suffice here, but I was using the Sky haste cloak at the time w/ epic offhand.
Just tried it, they womped me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

2nd floor of CoM will still give you xp. You can actually get Xp off the goo' in the arena at 59 as well. Nothing amazing for drops, but some gems and junk spells and armor.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darguth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just tried it, they womped me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting killed in new and exciting locations is part of the ranger experience. I'm glad you gave it a shot!
Old 02-21-2017, 03:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't have much trouble. I killed the pather, or rather should have killed the pather... Rooted adds in room, snare / rooted frenzy in hall and camped agro. Easy fight. Got belt first kill.
Are you thinking about frenzy in lguk? Cause i think they are talking about velks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2017, 05:26 AM
Banned

According to magelo, the raptors in TD are classified as animals on live.

They should make decent fear kiting targets.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:12 AM
Aviak

If you dont have a Earthcaller, then get a Swarmcaller. If your not using your archery. Then your doing it wrong. If you have marginal gear you will not be able to tank and spank. Get creative. I did KC entrance mobs a lot. I wouldnt suggest 2nd lvl CoM by yourself. Not enough room.
If you can find a chanter/bard you can fear kite with a charmed pet very easily.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
According to magelo, the raptors in TD are classified as animals on live.

They should make decent fear kiting targets.
The Wiki says they are *not* animals. Is that information incorrect, can anyone confirm?
Old 02-21-2017, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlerop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you thinking about frenzy in lguk? Cause i think they are talking about velks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, yes I am. Well... I don't see any reason a ranger couldn't handle broodling camp. Upper frenzy isn't realistic, but lower is just 3 spawns to break and better loot. Sounds like a fun challenge. Normal hunters have a ton of hp and the named is at least 10k. Root CC attrition fight.
Closed Thread