Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-22-2017, 02:47 AM
Sarnak

Default P99 on retro machine win98 DSETUP.DLL error

I got my retro machine with CRT monitor running windows and dos games. I assumed it would run p99 seeing as the titanium client runs on windows 98. I guess I was wrong because the bat file says Dsetup.dll requires a newer operating system. Is there any way around this? I was really looking forward to adding classic eq with all the classic ui and everything to my retro machine. Such a shame. If anyone knows a work around please let me know. This was such a let down.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:01 AM
Sarnak

I read that it has to do with their anticheat software. I guess I'm sol. I'd rather have no cheaters than play on my time machine. I guess its back to daggerfall
Old 02-22-2017, 07:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSmasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
find the root directory and reconfigure the trunk link to multicast ssl hyperthreaded packets
Any guide on exactly how to do that? What kind of file would that configuration be in and is it boolean value within it?
Old 02-22-2017, 08:06 AM
Sarnak

I guess I'm getting old now since I'm not sure if hes trolling you or thats a legit thing you can do to fix it.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I'm getting old now since I'm not sure if hes trolling you or thats a legit thing you can do to fix it.
Aww figured as much. I thought he may have been on to something but it did sound somewhat bs. Im going to grab another pata drive and put xp on it so I can boot in xp when I want to play eq. Hopefully it has decent midi playback because windows 10's is god aweful.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe it needs Win98 second edition? I know that was a big jump for a lot of games
Old 02-22-2017, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSmasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
find the root directory and reconfigure the trunk link to multicast ssl hyperthreaded packets
This did the trick for me, however I also had to globally reposition the probe satellite by reverting the plasma phase in order to shift the entropy magnitude.

Literally took a couple minutes!
Old 02-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe it needs Win98 second edition? I know that was a big jump for a lot of games
It is SE. The problem is they piggyback their spyware in the dsetup.dll. Its how they catch cheaters and why antivirus flags it for suspicious activity. I can replace it with the official dsetup.dll just fine but when I get to the server it gives me an error as if I didnt have the proper spell files.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

You answered your own question. SE isnt the problem its your AV software. Make an exception for the folder or the specific file your choice.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You answered your own question. SE isnt the problem its your AV software. Make an exception for the folder or the specific file your choice.
No its not av. The file is there just in its altered state it is no longer compatible with windows 98. If I remove the file I get a different error during initiating the bat file saying that the file is missing. When I replace it with the official unaltered dsetup.dll or dsetup23.dll I am greeted with an error after login saying that the spell files are outdated.