Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Default New to Red: Worth selling GBS to slightly gear couple toons?

Started up on Red a couple weeks ago. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Glowing Black Stone (basically did a lot of checking to see whether Pyzjin was up). Highest level toon is 21, FYI, so basically want to leverage plat in a way that can help me get up there in levels (gear) and/or put it toward blacksmithing.

What does an item like this sell for on Red, 2k-ish? (just guessing--that is what they used to go for on Blue, but with +10 SV magic maybe more on Red)? I want to buy some +45 HP rings for now, and maybe a Trak Tooth (or similarly decent rogue item without a proc) for Rogue. Currently I have a Green Chokidai Prod (11/30) and Harpoon of the Depths (8/25) for Rogue. Bard has mistmoore drums and gypsy princess lute, as well as Sainy's claw and dagger.

Is it worth starting up a tradeskill? I was thinking of working on Blacksmithing and making cultural armor sets eventually (dark elf cleric). Worth it? Could use money from GBS for this if so. Thanks for help, all!
Old 02-22-2017, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

I traded my first gbs for a manastone. Hope this helps!
Old 02-22-2017, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

If I were you, I would not invest in a tradeskill right. As for HP rings, their value will dimish as you fly through levels. Resist rings on the other hand will only increase in value.

Hint: check trade forum right now... might be a deal there you can make with someone for a nice melee item.

or keep it for your wizard, not a bad suggestion either.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Use it on wizzie and keep leveling up you don't need gear for PvP (won't happen ) or PvE (dumb bots) so just keep playing the game not wasting time on gear. There is no economy here so any item less than top tier is almost worthless or worth the cost of the jewels involved. You can make banded with like a 100pp investment but no one will buy it from u here.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

On a non troll response, I know this may seem like an odd answer but forget about gear and just get to level 50 and a guild will pick you up and help you out tremendously with gear. If you like the solo game and want to build your army make a pet class and farm hill giants/seafuries, Cash camps like GBS can be ehhh because the economy is up and down and sometimes its hard to find buyers.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a non troll response, I know this may seem like an odd answer but forget about gear and just get to level 50 and a guild will pick you up and help you out tremendously with gear. If you like the solo game and want to build your army make a pet class and farm hill giants/seafuries, Cash camps like GBS can be ehhh because the economy is up and down and sometimes its hard to find buyers.
I traded my first gbs. Sorry you joined the server 4 years late and think it's good. if you're used to something good and then get shit you know what shit is.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by medievalerror [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Started up on Red a couple weeks ago. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Glowing Black Stone (basically did a lot of checking to see whether Pyzjin was up). Highest level toon is 21, FYI, so basically want to leverage plat in a way that can help me get up there in levels (gear) and/or put it toward blacksmithing.

What does an item like this sell for on Red, 2k-ish? (just guessing--that is what they used to go for on Blue, but with +10 SV magic maybe more on Red)? I want to buy some +45 HP rings for now, and maybe a Trak Tooth (or similarly decent rogue item without a proc) for Rogue. Currently I have a Green Chokidai Prod (11/30) and Harpoon of the Depths (8/25) for Rogue. Bard has mistmoore drums and gypsy princess lute, as well as Sainy's claw and dagger.

Is it worth starting up a tradeskill? I was thinking of working on Blacksmithing and making cultural armor sets eventually (dark elf cleric). Worth it? Could use money from GBS for this if so. Thanks for help, all!
Drugs

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 02-23-2017, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use it on wizzie and keep leveling up you don't need gear for PvP (won't happen ) or PvE (dumb bots) so just keep playing the game not wasting time on gear. There is no economy here so any item less than top tier is almost worthless or worth the cost of the jewels involved. You can make banded with like a 100pp investment but no one will buy it from u here.
Wow 2 drugs in 1 thread this ones a biggun

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 02-23-2017, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by medievalerror [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry about the Trolls friend, welcome to Red!

Honestly, a 2k Boost to your bank would be pretty big as a leveling character. You may regret the sale later on if you ever roll an INT caster since GBS is an amazing Red item.

Tradeskills are fun, but there's very little market for the products they produce on Red. I do still run into nearly nude lowbies and it's always a feel-good to whip up some banded or cured silk armor for them. Handy for the Coldain Prayer Shawl Questline later on too!

Also you mention Dark Elf Cultural armor. NOTE: Cultural armor is not active on Red server, so if that's why you're looking at blacksmithing then be aware.

See you out there!
Old 02-23-2017, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Hey OP if you're interested in selling it, send me a PM ^^

If you're playing an int caster (or planning to) then keep it and aim for 130ish MR, you'll need it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread