Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

The correct answer to these questions is to play the race you think looks the coolest. I would never invest time into a character just for a racial ability if I didn't think my guy looked ballin, especially on a PvE server.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level this guy to like 50 and perma camp him at Xalgoz or some other similar camp. Roll Iksar necro as your main.
A+ advice here.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You gotta log in to look at a stick-in-the-ass lizard. Do a /who all field next time you log in, there are so many iksar necros floating around, its such a boring unoriginal choice.

You can still kill anything you would normally, just with an iksar you have to kill 20% more things, with 20% more efficiency. I played a Troll shaman to 55, and then Ogre to 45 before re-rerolling back to the Troll, and I totally regret the waste of time. I re-rerolled back because you'll soon learn that aesthetics/preference>>>>>>>>having regen. If troll had no regen, crappy stats, and no slam I would still play a troll, they are so stupidly beautiful looking.

This realization took leveling an ogre to 45 to figure out.

Also the iksar sit animation has gotta be one of the worst, so goddamn ugly.

This is so true. When the race resonates with you and you enjoy playing it because how it moves, looks, sounds, etc., you will go much further than you would otherwise.

UNLESS! you are someone that values min/max over ALL. A min/max player cares nothing about aesthetics, nothing about art, nothing about personality - for them it's all about numbers and being better because of numbers.

I am not saying that's wrong or bad, there simply are different personality types and knowing what type you are will help you make the right decision.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

if you're considering rerolling now, just do it

if you don't, you'll always have the niggling thought in the back of your mind that iksar could be better - and it is, objectively
Old 02-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitsumo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should I reroll my 39 DE necro for Gnome?
yes
Old 02-22-2017, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fashionquest for Necros doesn't make much sense to me. You're going to be a skeleton 90% of the time, who cares?
this is the logical reason why picking Iksar isn't that detrimental to fashionquest, except for when you are AFKing in the tunnel.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:43 PM
Aviak

On live I never was an iksar, so I decided to become a lizard when I first joined P99, and I figured what better class to be then Necromancer to get that regen.

I guess for me the xp penalty isn't that much a deterrent, but I am starting to feel it now after 40 and suffering my third hell level where it seems to take longer then other people that I grouped with around the same level who are not iksars.

I think like maybe what others have said, unless you are in the min-maxing and then it would be more advised to be iksar... but like me I came more so to be an iksar since I never was one on live and wasn't a necro either.

So I figured I would kill two birds with one stone... be an iksar and then be a necro as well and when I get max level I will relish in the great regen that iksars get.
Last edited by Panicsferd; 02-22-2017 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: change lvl, meant 40. not 30
Old 02-22-2017, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

I re-rolled my 45 dark elf for an iksar. It's night and day. Now that I'm 55 and the next level of regen kicked in, it's almost unfair.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I re-rolled my 45 dark elf for an iksar. It's night and day. Now that I'm 55 and the next level of regen kicked in, it's almost unfair.
I'm only 40, so I guess I still have 15 more lvls to go, but when is my next level of regen? 50?
Old 02-22-2017, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Halfling necro