Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rustle is also mostly retired hardcore raiders that know all the tricks and are willing to employ that hardcore skillset for very short bursts of time.
tricks is a pretty deceptive word. How about use the phrase "better at Everquest". Furthermore, I'm fairly certain many things in VP have changed since the leashing patch.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tricks is a pretty deceptive word. How about use the phrase "better at Everquest". Furthermore, I'm fairly certain many things in VP have changed since the leashing patch.
Yikes lol
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure Rustle got last spawn of VP because they know how to prioritize targets.
Top kek. I think sw got snagged at an off hour along with PD but rest was ours and next week all will be! I'd rather spend my days killing nexona with 3 groups than be apart of the zerg (don't take that the wrong way in order to get non 32k mobs and race like a/a does it takes a Zerg more power to them) and yes priorities priorities it's all about that low hanging fruit which is what's going on here with golems too.

As for the golems. Anything with loot that's 300k + will be permantly socked/contested. I don't see a/a really being shitbags at golems tho. They don't poop them. They camp out an alt force bigger than most guilds outside fear, basically same thing tho. There is no escape OP. Poop or get off the pot basically unless you're organized enough to camp out and bphone pops.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Blame the developers for their itemization putting 1-2 useful items on damn near every raid mob from classic-Velious.

If they didn't drop AoN or Puppet Strings, they wouldn't be tracked and killed. But itemization aside, it's a lack of content.

There isn't enough time consuming content for these top guilds to raid for them to want to take days off and ignore these targets. When mobs die within 5 minutes of their spawn people often are going to want to raid more if they're just regular batphone warriors.

Not much can be done classicly to resolve this other than maybe removing binds in ToV to force a bit more clearing to occur and even then that will likely just be 1-2 days a week. These 3-day respawn targets occur outside of their regularly schedule poopsocking days so they are prime targets to get a little raiding in on the off days.

The thing is... hardcore guilds would raid 3-4+ times a week for a few hours each night. Because of the way it's done here, each raid typically only take like 10 minutes from the batphone time so nerds want to raid more. The problem arises because of the fact that in order to partake in these raids you need atleast a guy in your guild willing to sit around for 16 hours waiting for the mob to spawn and you need 20-60 dudes willing to respond to a batphone in a short period of time.

In short, Velious sucks. Not enough content to slake the lust of two hardcore guilds. Thus the pooping in a sock to get Golems. They just want to raid.

Should split the server and launch Luclin on the other server. Praise be to Luclin.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Woot new thread to watch and laugh at all the "i want free pixels" people.

Good job FH and Venerate for socking things you guys really want. Proud of you. Keep it up! \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoneybabybaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The removing binds won't slow anything down. It'll just change the pull tactic again, you'll get your classic immerse from it but it won't change anything for time wise on killing mobs. The intelligent people will always adapt to a more efficient way of doings things.
Gotta remember dald pushed hard for leashing and all that did was bring in non classic timeline mechanics and break other mechanics.

As usual, thanks dald!

I still miss buff timers.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoneybabybaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The removing binds won't slow anything down. It'll just change the pull tactic again, you'll get your classic immerse from it but it won't change anything for time wise on killing mobs. The intelligent people will always adapt to a more efficient way of doings things.
More or less, I agree.

Some pulls will be made more challenging but it won't slow too terribly much down. But shits classic. Between necros FDed with pets, rogues CoTH'd before Javs hit and coordinated DA Trains, it won't slow down much.

Even if they decide to permaroot the dragons, I'm not sure how much trash clearing will go on. I expect people will try to countertrain out as much as possible and hold the train while they rush in a raid.

Need that Luclin baby. Vex Thal contested targets would be incredible. CoTH racing to the blobs when someone steps outside the triangle and wipes people out. Mmm so gooood.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, whining isn't a fair word to use there. The A/A cheerleaders will absolutely deride the smaller guilds for truely socking though and use language like "contest" when describing the tactics A/A use. My point is it's all the same shit.
QFT. ^^^
Old 02-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's about a top-heavy box with a thousand raid-geared players that have nothing to do 6/7 days of the week.
Can always get off the chair and let those zits infested asses breathe alittle? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I don't blame them one bit.

Server staff, this box is incredibly top-heavy. Why are respawns still so long? When the top two guilds on the box are still socking fear golems of all things, something's gotta be wrong. There's nothing else to do.
I agree with you, the server has become too top heavy. I only hope that if enough people complain, spawn times well be greatly reduced.

All that said, P99 is still the best server, there is just no end game for casuals or semi casuals.
Closed Thread