Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-31-2017, 02:39 PM
Large Rat

Default character name bugged

I been told I am in Anon or roleplaying mode from other players, but I don't have it on and when I do /who all (character name) it doesn't show my character name within the game for me. When I am in the zone I am in and / it shows my character name and lvl within the zone just find but it doesn't do it when other players look me up and doesn't show i am within the game when I do it for myself. Have anyone else experience this?
Old 09-03-2017, 05:33 PM
Kobold

Same thing happens to my druid, Nihi.

I show up in '/who' and '/who all zonename'. If you type '/who Nihi' and '/who all Nihi' you get, "There are no players in X that match those who filters".
Old 09-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Kobold

As a test, I created a character with the same name on another EQ emulator server (EZ Server) and had the same issue. So it appears to be a bug in the EQ Emulator source and not Project 1999's modified codebase.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

The server doesn't read certain names right for whatever reason. A friend had a toon named Counterfeit and anytime I'd try to do /w all counterfeit it would just do a /who all count and tell me the number of players on the server. I've seen a couple other people that don't show up on /w all but can't remember the names.

Some guild names that are multiple words wont show up on /who all unless you add "" before and after. Maybe try that with your name to see if it makes a difference, for example /who all "name"