Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

guys. he obv. wants to take advantage of his free month of EQ (everyone who ever played EQ has a free month now because of their horrendous screwup and losing 70 million credit card numbers..) ... as i was saying.. use his free month of EQ live in order to spam their servers with EMU promotions. fresh blood
Old 06-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Kobold

The advertise for project 1999 thing on live sounds like a good idea....
Old 06-06-2011, 05:08 AM
Planar Protector

mehehe instaban

anyway
1. uninstall
2. install in default location.
3. patch from live (it's like ~10GB on titanium)
4. install another in a different location
5. Run this pointing it to your different install location: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...highlight=DUXA
6. Uninstall default EQ in a week or two, live sux.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:17 AM
Kobold

Bleh, why bother. I came back to EQ for the prog servers. Tried p99 when they went down. Only logged back into Sony Station to cancel. They can sit on their free playtime and spin. I have a low level mage, rogue, and pally. Have probably died 20 times between the 3 of them already. Had a 34 rogue on prog and died maybe twice. Where is the fun in that!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Banned

i know i'll need to reinstall to play on emu, its no bother. i just want to check it out cuz we get 45 days free.

I already checked my eqhost file, thats not the problem. still getting connection could not be reached window.

gm hepl
Old 06-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know i'll need to reinstall to play on emu, its no bother. i just want to check it out cuz we get 45 days free.

I already checked my eqhost file, thats not the problem. still getting connection could not be reached window.
First off, before you decided to play on the SOE servers you should have made a copy of the P99 directory so that you could easily revert back without the reinstall etc. You could make that your new P99 folder and would just need to create a new shortcut to the executable or edit the existing one to reference the new location. I say this more for anyone else thinking of trying the live SOE servers.
Secondly, I would advise doing a fresh install for the SOE live servers. This is the best way to ensure that you haven't missed any odd files which were used for P99 access. Given the issues which you are currently having with accessing SOE live, it's better to start fresh instead of trying to troubleshoot the issue at hand. You would have been playing live by now (and realized what a waste of time that is and returned to P99).
-----------------------
Old 06-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

The easiest thing you can do to play on live is just go into C:/Program Files(x86)/Sony/

You'll see an Everquest folder there, just right-click on it and choose 'rename' and change it to P99EQ or something. Then you can run the duxa installer again, and point it at this directory, it should create a shortcut for you in the same place.

Then download station launcher & let it download/patch EQ live. Now you should be able to play live & p99 at the same time. Just keep in mind, this will eat a pretty sizable chunk of your harddrive since you effectively have EQ installed twice.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 06-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Orc

You would either have to do a complete uninstall of current altered version..

or

Install a clean version on another hard drive.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

eqhost file still has old login server and port?

it should be
host=eqlplogin1.everquest.com:15900

mind you, most is done via the new patcher. You can try to download and install that.

reinstall to a new folder from the disks is preferred so you don't have to wait a few hours to repatch it all.
Last edited by moklianne; 06-06-2011 at 02:17 PM..
Old 06-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Banned

i don't have room on my HD to have a p99 eq and a live eq. (10gb partition olo)

to moklinane, ya the eqhost file is correct. that was like the first thing i checked, and i ahve no idea where else to look.

gm assistance plz
Closed Thread