Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Default which upcoming patch buffs knight 2handed dps?

as the title says, which upcoming patch buffs knight 2hander dps? i didnt see it in the live patch notes, but i have heard many people mention it for something to look forward to.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

It's not in an upcoming patch, it should have been implemented months ago.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=217093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As per the February 21, 2001 Patch, many skills caps should be much higher than they currently are.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue is that we need a system created which handles skill cap changes on the timeline. When that is done, we will set the skill caps properly through each era.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 05-18-2016 at 04:18 PM..
Old 05-19-2016, 08:20 AM
Fire Giant

well yes that is regarding defense cap; which i am aware of. i am commenting in regards to other players mentioning that knight dps should be increasing too.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

It's not a Knight thing, but in Oct 2001 2H weapons were massively buffed. For example, Abashi's Rod of Disempowerment went from 42/35 with a 17 point damage bonus to 40/30 with a 30 point damage bonus and it also picked up +15 resist all. Most of the ratio/stat upgrades are already in, but the increased damage bonus will make a big difference.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

Same patch as chardok revamp

Knights are also supposed to be moved to warrior combat tables in that patch
Old 05-19-2016, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same patch as chardok revamp

Knights are also supposed to be moved to warrior combat tables in that patch
which patch note is that?
Old 05-19-2016, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

double post
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 05-19-2016 at 12:00 PM..
Old 05-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well yes that is regarding defense cap; which i am aware of. i am commenting in regards to other players mentioning that knight dps should be increasing too.
Ahh, my bad, do you mean this one then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
which patch note is that?
Here is the Chardok patch in which Knights are moved to the Warrior hit table

October 8, 2001

Quote:
Summary of Melee Changes

Two-Handed Weapons have been given an increased damage bonus for characters over level 50. Also, certain post-epic quality two-handers have been improved.
Warriors have had their taunt skill cap increased to 230 at 60th level. Also, the Blades of Strategy and Tactics can now be used in either hand.
Rogues, as the primary user of piercing weapons, will benefit from an improvement in the quality of a few existing high-end daggers. At some future date new piercing weapons will be added to the game to fill gaps in equipment availability.
Monks will now be on an improved combat table at levels 55 and again to a better table at 60. Monks now have the ability to Triple Attack at 60th level. The minimum damage done by Flying Kick will be greatly increased for monks starting at 51st level and scaling up to level 60. We also intend to add more monk weapons in the future to fill equipment gaps.
Rangers have their Double Attack skill cap raised to 245. They have also gained an innate offensive bonus that starts at level 55 and increases until level 60. Ranger's Defense skill cap has been raised to 220, and their Riposte skill cap has been raised to 185.

Paladins and Shadowknights, besides the benefits they gain from the two-handed weapons change mentioned above, have also been moved to the same combat tables as warriors.

In the future we intend to examine the existing one-handed weapons useable by knights for possible upgrades. We are also increasing the Taunt skill cap for these two classes to 220.
Bards have had their 1h blunt and 1h slash skill caps increased to 250. Their piercing skill cap has been increased to 240. Their Offense skill cap has been raised to 252. Bards are also being moved to the same combat table with all the other melee and hybrid classes (save monks who have separate tables after level 55). Bards Parry skill cap has been raised to 185 as well. Finally, the Singing Shortsword can now be equipped in the off hand and still give full song enhancing benefits.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 05-19-2016 at 12:13 PM..
Old 05-19-2016, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh, my bad, do you mean this one then?

Here is the Chardok patch in which Knights are moved to the Warrior hit table

patch notes
Good god those patch notes made me jizz a little.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:25 PM
Kobold

I can't wait for this patch- it's going to change so much on items used!! =)) <3
Closed Thread